CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:01 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:01 pm 

I'm running CCS64 v3 on WinXP/DirectX 9. Saving quick state (F12) works fine, but loading it (F11) causes the emulator to crash most of the time. Any idea of the reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:37 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I thought that Load Quick State was fixed in CCS64 V3.0 BETA 1.4. The Load State does cause a GPF for me, which I have informed Hakan of.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject: quick save/ load states
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:36 pm 

hi,

1st off,, thanx so much for your awesome emulator, i have tried all of them to my knowledge, and this 1 is the best!!!

i have a problem, i have been playing Exodus Ultaima 3, and have gotten quite far. in older versions, the emulator was not affected when you alt-tab to another application, however this version(v3.0 beta 1.4) does seems to have some issues with that.

Also it does not seem to save progress, when you use the in game saving optoin, so i have been using state save.

this i s my issue, while playing a and looking at a website for a dungeon map, alt-tabbing back anf forth, my emulator wouldnt respond. It would not reconize the key strokes or exchange some keys with other. eg- a would come i etc.

Usally i would just restart the program and quickload state, and i would be right where i was when i last saved, which was quite often since i have gotte used to it.
But now, when i quickloak, the emulator crashes and closes.
I have tried numerous times to get back into my game but can not. I have spent prolly 30 hrs developing my characters. Please tell me if there is a way to save / uncorrupt that freeze file.

Thank You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:09 am 
Site Co-Admin

The Load QuickState/State options are now fixed in CCS64 V3.0 BETA 1.5.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:18 pm 

Unfortunately the bug is still here in the beta version 1.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:57 pm 
Site Co-Admin

It works fine for me. Perhaps your save-state is corrupt?

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:54 pm 

Who corrupts the save-state file? The CCS64? :wink:
The crash happens above all when i save/load the state with ALT+F11/F12

Best regards

Mr_Bean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:19 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Just done an ALT+F12, then an ALT+F11, and selected the file, and it works fine. I don't know what to suggest. Sorry. Try re-downloading the CCS64 V3.0 BETA 1.5 package.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:53 am 

I wonder if it could be a version conflict... I remember that different versions of the CCS64 2.0 beta had slight variations in the freeze file formats, enough to cause CCS64 to exit suddenly without explanation (not a good way to handle run-time errors, by the way) when you tried to use a freeze file from a different version.

Fortunately, the formats were similar enough that I was able to write a small program that would convert freeze files so they'd work with the version of CCS64 2.0 currently in use.

I wonder if the different versions of CCS64 3.0 have the same problem. I haven't checked yet. I also haven't checked to find out whether it still uses the same structure for freeze files as CCS64 2.0 did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:33 pm 
Site Co-Admin

StevenRoy wrote:
I wonder if it could be a version conflict... I remember that different versions of the CCS64 2.0 beta had slight variations in the freeze file formats, enough to cause CCS64 to exit suddenly without explanation (not a good way to handle run-time errors, by the way) when you tried to use a freeze file from a different version.

Fortunately, the formats were similar enough that I was able to write a small program that would convert freeze files so they'd work with the version of CCS64 2.0 currently in use.

I wonder if the different versions of CCS64 3.0 have the same problem. I haven't checked yet. I also haven't checked to find out whether it still uses the same structure for freeze files as CCS64 2.0 did.

Could you e-mail me a copy of that utility, so I can up-load it to my web-site, for all to enjoy! Cheers. My e-mail address is:
stuart.toomer*AT*ntlworld.com (*AT* is @)

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:27 am 

You got it.