CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:56 pm 

God No! Not another joystick query.
This is a bit different though. I have an adaptor that plugs into the parallel port and let's me use my trusting Comp Pro. This works really well on CCS 64 V2_95 but doesn't play ball at all with the new V3 of CCS.
Why don't I just use the old emulator ? Well, it's become quite unstable recently, and I don't know why. Every now and again it works but most times I get a scrolling yellow text when I press F9 to bring up the menu. It loads okay, but crashes with the yellow text.

Any help to either query much appreciated. Gaming C64 style ain't the same without a stick!

Tomsk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:12 pm 
Site Co-Admin

What is the exact problem with the joystick under CCS64 V3.0 BETA?

Try some of these tips - they may help you:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.too ... _H_006.htm

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:43 pm 

Well, I know the port is working because I tried using my Sidewinder pad and the calibration cross hair AND all the buttons are working in the now comprehensive joystick section. But as soon as I come to use my purpose built adaptor I get zilch. The calibration screen always shows teh cross hair in the top left hand corner - and won't budge no matter what combo of options I try.
Now boot up the V1.09 with the same set up and bingo ! Works a treat. (That is when V1.09 decides to work! - Recent problems only seem to occur since V3 Beta has been installed.
I had looked previously at the FAQ you suggested but still no go.

Hope this helps

Tomsk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:47 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Tomsk wrote:
Well, I know the port is working because I tried using my Sidewinder pad and the calibration cross hair AND all the buttons are working in the now comprehensive joystick section. But as soon as I come to use my purpose built adaptor I get zilch. The calibration screen always shows teh cross hair in the top left hand corner - and won't budge no matter what combo of options I try.
Now boot up the V1.09 with the same set up and bingo ! Works a treat. (That is when V1.09 decides to work! - Recent problems only seem to occur since V3 Beta has been installed.
I had looked previously at the FAQ you suggested but still no go.

Hope this helps

Tomsk

I'm not sure if CCS64 V3.0 BETA itself is the cause of the problem. Perhaps it is to do with a DirectX 9 incompatibility with your special adaptor/driver or more likely to be the other way around. If not, the this problem needs to be passed on to Hakan himself. Joysticks always seem to be problematic to some extent.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:06 pm 

Thanks for trying Stuart. Anything remotely connected to Direct X9 is certainly not in my league. It's strange but I still prefer version 1.09 - unless there are more multi loader benefits to be had using V3 B.

I downloaded V1.09 again and am happy with the performance......Now back to Bounty Bob.......