CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:36 pm 

Hello, Please help me. I have over come many problems with the ccs64 and have managed to solve them all using the forum. I now have directx and ccs64 version 2 as version 3 didn't work and it's still not working. When I click on the icon it seems as though it's going to work but then I just get a black screen with blue horizontal lines at the bottom. Whats going wrong? and why is everyone talking about a disk? Do I need a disc? Help would be much appreciated as I know nothing about computers!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:06 am 
Site Co-Admin

Sounds to me like the screen resolution you've selected doesn't work with your hardware - delete the C64.CFG file in the CCS64 folder and try again.

You do need games to play (D64/T64/TAP files), which can be downloaded from a variety of Internet sites.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:18 am 

It sounds to me like you have a video mode selected in CCS64 that your video card (or maybe CCS64) doesn't support correctly. You may need to edit your C64.CFG file manually and change the SCREENMODE setting to either 1 or 7.

As for the talk about disks, most of the games for the original Commodore 64 came on disks. In CCS64's case, the games come in the form of disk "images", downloadable from various sites like www.c64.com and "Arnold" and others. These are files with the D64 extension, roughly equivalent to the "roms" you'd download for Nintendo emulators. (Although the term "roms" is inaccurate in this case. Call a D64 file a "rom" and you risk getting lynched.)

There are also C64 files for cartridges (and it's okay to call those "roms", although not encouraged), T64 for tape images (I've never seen one of these!), and P64, PRG and P00 files for individual files. (Why "P00"? Because 64 is 100 in octal?)

You'll be able to find more information in the CCS64 documentation, the original CCS64 F.A.Q., more detailed instructions on Stuart Toomer's site, and other links on the original CCS64 page.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:10 pm 

Hi Thanks for your replys. Much abliged. I have looked in the C64 folder and do not actually have a C64.CFG file anywhere!!