CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:37 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:02 am 

On May 30 2002, I wrote the following on the Lemon forum:

Christian Johansson wrote:
... However, there is another problem that I find a bit annoying. I can't switch to another program using Alt+Tab and then back to CCS64 again. If I do that, I get a purple flashing line at the bottom of the screen in CCS64 and I have to exit CCS64 and start it again. The same thing happens if ZoneAlarm opens a yellow warning box at intrusion attempts. Therefore, I have to set ZoneAlarm not to do this when I use CCS64.

Stuart Toomer gave the following answer:

Stuart Toomer wrote:
Christian's problem also occurs for me. Also, when I am just in the BASIC blue-screen in CCS64, when I ALT+TAB back into CCS64, the C64 cursor just moves right all the time. The only way to solve this is to quit CCS64 then re-start CCS64.

Perhaps this is some problem with CCS64 interacting with DirectX and task-switching in Windows. I will add this to the CCS64 Bug-List, since this problem should not occur with any Win-32 program."

For a long time, this problem disappeared for me but it has recently re-appeared again. I'm not sure what caused the problem to go away and what caused it to re-appear. Anyway, I don't see the problem in the list of known bugs for CCS64 although Stuart Toomer wrote that he would add it to the bug list. However, it might not be a bug in CCS64 but perhaps it is a combination of other factors that cause the problem so that could be the reason why it is not in the bug list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:46 am 

I just switched from 16-bit to 24-bit colors (which is what I used in the past as well, I only recently switched to 16-bit colors). That seems to make the flashing line when using Alt + TAB with CCS 2.0 disappear :D . Sadly enough, I still can't start up CCS 3.0 Beta 1.2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:47 pm 

The flashing lines at the bottom will disappear when you push the scroll-lock key. The scroll-lock key refreshes the screen.