CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:54 pm 

I'm using the latest version, CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.4, and I am trying to run some programs from a very old book I have. One of these allows you to print its output. It doesn't do anything fancy, just the standard "OPEN4,4:CMD4" to redirect output to the printer.

The problem is that once it finishes printing, CCS64 just exists! BTW, I'm using it in fullscreen mode, 320x240x32. It prints fine, and as a matter of fact, it prints the entire output, so it is not crashing *while* printing (I can tell because the printer4.txt file contains everything it should). Aparently it is crashing *after* printing, for some reason.

-dZ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:04 am 

Maybe related to that, I have found that using a CLOSE 3,4 command before using PRINT#3 will make the CCS64 stop entirely (version 3.0 will also give an illegal operation message). So, be sure that BASIC programs use the PRINT#3 command before using the CLOSE 3,4 command.

ed - Oh, I should mention that my choice of the number 3 is my habit, and you might have some other number in there.

Last edited by nicknicknickandnick on Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:44 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I don't know why this is happening for you, since it works fine for me, in both windowed and full-screen modes. You need to use the following BASIC commands:

OPEN 4,4
CMD 4,”PROGRAM LISTING”
LIST
PRINT#4
CLOSE 4

Stuart Toomer.