CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:47 pm 

I recently reinstalled the drivers for my video card (Voodoo3). CCS64 3.0 had worked fine before this. Now, when I run it I get the error "Direct3D Init FAILED - No Windowed Mode" (but NOT the "Direct Draw Init Failed - bltfast" error that often accompanies this). It then starts in windowed mode. My Screen Mode options under the Video Menu are Window, Window 2x, Window 2x SL, Window 3x, and Window 3x SL. (The 2x and 3x options, incidentally, increase the pixel size but not the window size, so I get a close-up view of the upper left corner of the screen.) I have DirectX 9 installed, and the latest official Voodoo3 drivers installed (which are a few years old, as 3dfx is out of business). Version 2.0 works fine, but I'd prefer to get 3.0 working if I can. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:58 am 

Cant run any of the fullscreen modes ?

What OS do you have ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:50 pm 

Rebell wrote:
Cant run any of the fullscreen modes ?

What OS do you have ?

Win98SE. Sorry, forgot to mention.

I don't even get options for fullscreen modes, just the five windowed modes mentioned above. None of them but the plain Window work properly--the 2x and 3x modes just zoom in on the upper-left corner, and the SL mode scramble the display. Also, if this means anything, the program often freezes or gives an illegal operation error when I close it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:18 am 
Site Co-Admin

The video options that you get are determined by what your graphic driver can do - your graphics driver is the limiting factor. In previous versions of CCS64, the video modes were hard-coded, but this was possibly dangerous. You need to upgrade your graphics driver for a more compatible version.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:57 pm 

Stuart Toomer wrote:
The video options that you get are determined by what your graphic driver can do - your graphics driver is the limiting factor. In previous versions of CCS64, the video modes were hard-coded, but this was possibly dangerous. You need to upgrade your graphics driver for a more compatible version.

Unfortunately, I've tried both the latest official Voodoo3 driver (v1.07) and the highest-recommended third-party driver (AmigaMerlin v2.9). Guess I'll stick with CCS64 v2 until I get a better video card.