CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: V3.0 Beta 1.4 and W2K
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:58 pm 

Hi there. I'm able to run V3.0 Beta 1.4 on my XP SP1/DirectX 9.0b machine at home just fine. You click on the .exe and it brings up the C64 desktop almost immediately.

Here at work :D where I'm using it strictly for business purposes :D my machine is W2K SP4/DirectX 9.0b and this morning I just tried upgrading to 9.0c the C64 desktop never comes up. I get no error messages and in the lower left hand corner of the window it just says "Running". Bottom right hand corner says "NUM" in the middle box. None of the function keys respond except ALT+F4 does close the application.

I'm stumped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:19 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Hmmm... I wonder if this is a graphics driver incompatibility or if Microsoft changed something with DirectX 9.0c that's stopping CCS64 V3.0 BETA from displaying graphics properly?

I don't think that Windows 2000 has System Restore, does it? Try re-installing the DirectX 9.0c again, just in case it was a duff installation.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:46 pm 

I experienced the same problem under DirectX 9.0b I only upgraded to 9.0c this morning thinking that it might fix any problem there might of been with the previous installation. Like I said no error message ever comes up...it just sits there. Reminds me of the old days when your waiting for the game to load. You think we could at least get that distinct sound added to the emulator...the sound of the drive's head moving.... the one where you dread your copied game wasn't gonna work when you heard it stop moving and you end up with the "Missing Parameters" message :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:25 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Do you have the ROM files in the same folder as the CCS64 EXE?

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:42 pm 

All the following files are in C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.4

- BASIC.ROM
- C1541.ROM
- C64.CFG
- CCS.EXE
- ccs0.bmp
- ccs1.bmp
- ccs64.html
- ccs64_list.html
- ccs64faq.html
- CHAR.ROM
- kailleraclient.dll
- KERNAL.ROM

I just extracted the zip to my desktop and that's the default name it gave the folder. That's the same way I installed it on my XP machine and it works fine. I even tried downloading the zip file again, but same results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:08 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Just in case it is a duff setting, delete the C64.CFG file, then try again.

UPDATE: I have just upgraded to DirectX 9.0c myself and I have no problems.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:16 pm 

Nope didn't make a difference and a new one is created upon closing the application. Aside from DirectX is there anything else that needs to present on my machine that might not be? Any services that need to be running?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:30 am 
Site Co-Admin

When you press the F9 key in the emulator, does the menu not come up either? I guess not, if the C64 BASIC screen also does not comes up.

I'm stumped, I'm afraid. I guess it must be some graphics driver incompatibility, unless somebody else knows anything. And it's the same if you install it to a new folder on your C: drive (which is recommended)?

Try to use WinVICE instead and see if that works (don't install this to the Desktop - I don't recommend installing anything to the desktop):
http://www.viceteam.org/

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:48 am 

I have the same problem!
I have XP SP1 with 1 Gig ram, very latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card, direct x 9 etc etc. Tried deleting cfg file etc, nothing works, just a white screen. It's running all right, I just cant see it!
Don't have another 'puter to try it on,
I'm stumped, and I was soooo excited about being able to play archon :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:53 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I guess this is a graphics driver compatibility problem. Make sure that you are using the latest NVidia drivers, since they have DX9 compatibility, or the ones that are best suited to your graphics card type.

Everything is runing fine on my Windows ME machine, with the 45.32 drivers, since I have a GeForce4 graphics card (best suited to the 4x.xx generation of NVidia drivers).

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject: DX errors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:49 pm 

I have the same problem with CSS64 3.0b1.4, the difference is that I have 2 DX error messages when I start CSS64.