CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: ccs64 blues :)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:46 am 

i really like ccs64 but lately (even before upgrading to the new version) it runs very poorly the sound is VERY jerky and emulation runs at 30% or lower... this was never a problem before and i can't tell what i've changed to make it any different... one day it was fine next day not so fine... i think perhaps dx9 is to blame but cant be sure... i really like ccs64 and would prefer it to vice but it's unusable this way and i've tried just about everything i can think of to fix it... (exept un-installing dx9 which is impossible at this point :evil: ) i use kx asio drivers on a soundblaster live (working fine before) and i have a via epia-m mini-itx motherboard (1000mhz) i have 512 megs of ram... windows xp...

Post subject: direct x 9 blues
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:26 am 

so after farting around a bit with other emulators i've found the following things...

the older version of VICE (1.7) i had had similar peoblems but the upgrade (1.14) seemed to fix them...
the older version of MAME 0.58 worked fine but the newer version has similar sound problems 0.79...

it seems directx 9 is responsible since i didn't have any problems before with any of this stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:14 am 

I have the same problem when running CCS64 in a large window. When I reduce the window size to 640x480 or smaller (taking up one quarter of my 1280x1024 screen, which is pretty small), the performance improves quite a bit. Alternatively, you could try the full-screen modes (available in the F9 menu) which tend to work much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:43 am 

640 x 480 is still super glitchy... tried all the sound settings all glitch.. the cpu spikes to 100%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:52 pm 

tried on another p.c. with all the same settings (older version with dx 8) runs fine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:23 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Might this be a compatibility problem with your graphics driver (i.e. it is not DirectX 9 compatible)?

If it is the fault of DirectX 9, you can only restore to the earlier installation if you created a System Restore Point (Windows ME/XP) before installing DirectX 9; otherwise, you'll have to re-install the whole PC! It is one of the annoyances of DirectX 8 onwards, that DirectX cannot be un-installed, like any other piece of software.

Stuart Toomer.