CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Mouse Emulation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:21 pm 

Hi! First of all a big compliment on the ccs emu, I really love it but I stumbled upon a small problem when coding something using the mouse pot registers.
It seemed that both CCS and Vice acted different and after running some small tests i found that both ccs aswell as vice use 7 bits for the pot registers on $d419 and $d41a instead of the 8 that it's supposed to use on a regular c64. Atleast I think a regular c64 uses all 8 bits..?
The compatibility problem I found lied within the fact that Vice uses bits 1 to 7 and CCS uses bit 2 to 8 for the x and y pots which makes the CCS mouse emu less accurate since my sprite arrow is jumping two pixels at the time. It could easily be repared by shifting the bits right one step before storing to the sprite position but then i got a problem in Vice again..
Is there a reason for the 7 bit values? and if it's supposed to be that way, why is there a difference between vice and ccs? I know no one could speak for the vice team but any Ideas on how to solve this small problem would be very much appreciated :)

Tnx in advance for any answers I might get!
Dennis