CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:43 am 

I am able to complete the training. Then when you go to start an adventure it asks for side B, then side C. Then it loads up a game with "henry the great1" (regardless of what you named your character) as the character and then you die instantly.

If your having trouble with this game its really not too hard to get the hang of. Here are the "basic" controls as I havent been able to play long enough to get a more detailed set.

Fighting

A - Large Step Back
S - Large Step Forward
Z - Small Step Back
X - Small Step Forward

I - Heavy Kick/Thrust High
K - Heavy Kick/Thrust Middle
, - Heavy Kick/Thrust Low
O - Light Punch/Thrust High
L - Light Punch/Thrust Mid
. - Light Punch/Thrust Low

Divination
(Object is to keep the yin/yang in the box without touching the sides)

Up - O
Down - .
Left - K
Right - ;

I also thought I would try and be slick and create a character named "henry the great1" and try and move it or delete it when it loaded in, but the same thing still happens anyway. Its like something is saved on disk C for that character in the image or something.

The images are available on arnold under moebius.origin.zip

There are 4 disk images
Moebius1.d64
Moebius2.d64
Moebius3.d64
Moebius4.d64

I can't find any other images anywhere for this game.

*edit*
I did beat this game way back in the day, as well as its sequal "Windwalker" but I am just starting to get my wife interested in all the old games I used to play.

Right now, I have her hooked on Telengard. Some of these images just seem a little flakey. All the arcade ones usually work just fine, but the RPG/Adventure games seem to have the most problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Loaded : (To help define which game I am talking about, I think there was another game called Moebius...)

Character Select (Note I deleted all characters the Henry the great one in this picture is the one I created to troubleshoot)

What you see after trying to start the new game, followed by the death screen.

More Info :

I did some more troubleshooting and after changing disks I opted to save the disk image each time.. now somehow I seem to have stumbled onto yet another dead character stuck on this image, "massa danyal".

Unfortunately, as I stated, this character is also dead, so you die instantly and get the death screen again.

I will continue working on this soon. If anyone can help with some "clean" disk images of alot of these RPG's it would be really great.

Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:26 am 
Site Co-Admin

A lot of the images of RPG games are corrupt in some way and need to be especially- created/patched, in order to work properly (e.g. save character/game data). You could try looking on the Magyar C64 HQ.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:32 am 

Stuart Toomer wrote:
A lot of the images of RPG games are corrupt in some way and need to be especially- created/patched, in order to work properly (e.g. save character/game data). You could try looking on the Magyar C64 HQ.

I checked out the image at the location you suggested and it appears to be the excact same one.(Exact same time and date last modified). I will check them out on the emulator when I get a chance.

On a side note, thanks for the link. Always good to have another place to look :)

Upon further thought also, I think its possible that my deleting all those characters at the beginning might have caused a problem as well. I'll keep everyone informed.

Night,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:16 pm 

I tried various things with the 2 names. What I found was another saved game... character name "patrick". It seems that if you have an active adventure with those names in it, you move onto the next one. Sadly, there are only 3 saved adventure slots, so I can get no further with that tactic.

I think what we need here is the names of the saved game files so they can just be deleted. Unfortunately they aren't named in a way that you can find them.

Oh, I also confirmed that the image on Magyar C64 HQ, is the same image that the Arnold collection has.