CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Searching for Games...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:10 am 

Hey there,

Hmm I saw SparkyGirl's saga and was inspired to seek help. I'm after two games in particular.

One was a platform style game with this little dude in khaki, I think. He had explosives and had to dodge poison darts, 'natives' etc. In the opening you had to run away from a massive rolling boulder, similar to that Indiana Jones movie. I thought it was 'Dynamite Dan' but I downloaded that ... and it's not.

The other was this futuristic/sci fi one. All I can remember is that it seemed endless, there were heaps of rooms. It was also a platform style game. Some of them had chutes which would raise or lower you like air-elevators. I don't remember much else... but I always think about that one :( I really want to play it again!

(Another cool one was a trippy tower one, you had to go round and round the tower up a spiral staircase and dodge stuff... that was cool.)

I hope you can help me!!

xo Kezpipa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:44 am 

Kezpipa wrote:
One was a platform style game with this little dude in khaki, I think. He had explosives and had to dodge poison darts, 'natives' etc. In the opening you had to run away from a massive rolling boulder, similar to that Indiana Jones movie. I thought it was 'Dynamite Dan' but I downloaded that ... and it's not.

This is Rick Dangerous :D :D :D

Kezpipa wrote:
The other was this futuristic/sci fi one. All I can remember is that it seemed endless, there were heaps of rooms. It was also a platform style game. Some of them had chutes which would raise or lower you like air-elevators. I don't remember much else... but I always think about that one :( I really want to play it again!

Still don't know it :(

Kezpipa wrote:
(Another cool one was a trippy tower one, you had to go round and round the tower up a spiral staircase and dodge stuff... that was cool.)

This is Nebulus.

Um, also, does anyone know where to get game instruction manuals? Rick doesn't know how to fire his gun...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:38 am 

Quote:

Could it be Impossible Mission? (Another visitor! Stay a while stay forever...)

http://www.gb64.com/search.php?f=0&t=0& ... 18&h=1&a=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:44 am 

Quote:
Um, also, does anyone know where to get game instruction manuals? Rick doesn't know how to fire his gun...

Gamebase64 Have a version of Rick Dangerous with the documentation.

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=6344&d=18&h=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:56 am 

farang wrote:
Quote:

Gamebase64 Have a version of Rick Dangerous with the documentation.

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=6344&d=18&h=0

Hehe, nevermind, my brother's memory assisted us... :roll: silly little double key pressing etceteras...

What did you mean, another visitor? This board is pretty quiet but I'll keep checking back, just so I can get the most out of my EMU. ;)

As for Impossible Mission, I checked out the screenshots and that's not it. If I remember correctly, you didn't have an option to toggle b.w weapons or anything... you just kept wandering and wandering around some weird spaceship. The screenshots look like a similar sort of game though, good work with that!

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:16 pm 

Quote:
What did you mean, another visitor? This board is pretty quiet but I'll keep checking back, just so I can get the most out of my EMU. ;)

Ohh. It's the speech from the game. The mad professor 'Atom Bender' greets you with that phrase when the game begins...."Another Visitor...Stay a While Stay Forever..."

Quote:
As for Impossible Mission, I checked out the screenshots and that's not it. If I remember correctly, you didn't have an option to toggle b.w weapons or anything... you just kept wandering and wandering around some weird spaceship. The screenshots look like a similar sort of game though, good work with that!

Well I recalled it from my memory... But if it's not Impossible Mission I or II then I don't have a clue. You don't have different weapons in this game either the panel is a kind of puzzle you have to complete...

Try ask your questions at the GB64 forum http://www.gb64.com/forum/index.php

since there are little more people and somebody who might remember the game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:21 am 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
What did you mean, another visitor? This board is pretty quiet but I'll keep checking back, just so I can get the most out of my EMU.

Quote reply.
Ohh. It's the speech from the game. The mad professor 'Atom Bender' greets you with that phrase when the game begins...."Another Visitor...Stay a While Stay Forever..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO, thats funny stuff there.