CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: CCS64 and GEOS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:05 pm 

(I know you are going to kill me for this will require nearly a complete overhaul of the emu, but here goes..)

With the advent of GEOS going on Public Domain, I took the opportunity to revisit the OS using CCS64. It was rather like a homecoming to me with all the perks and bugs that GEOS had.
I think it's time to enhance how the emulator interacts with GEOS and perhaps expand it's repitore of drives it has.
The mouse functions are a little on the eccentric side, with two cursors to deal with and the acceleration adustments not helping matters any. Perhaps a tighter integration of the mouse functions in the emu would help this some? I seem to recall that the 64's mouse came with a floppy disk that had a application that enabled a mouse cursor in the regular mode.

The other is GEOS' legendary ability to gobble up disk room with it's applications, leaving very little left for any kind of work that was done. The 1581 alleviated that problem with 800K of space to play with. Plus it's speedy ability to load and save info.