CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Soft Reset on load
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:06 pm 

I've noticed that anytime you do a load from alt+8, it will first do a hard reset before loading. Sometimes I would like to leave an existing program or data in memory when I load another program. I would like to see two different options added for loading. The first option would be to do a hard, soft or no reset before loading. The second would be whether or not to do an automatic run after loading.

Yes I realize I could still do it the old fashioned way with load"name",8,1. But as someone who had used the C64 more than simply played games on it, I feel that people like me would appreciate the options.

Thank you for making such a great emulator, it has me looking at some of the old programs I wrote. Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:08 pm 

Do a soft reset with Alt + R
Select the disk using F4
You can load a file with load"name",8,1

Does this info help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:24 pm 

RFBcsa wrote:
Do a soft reset with Alt + R
Select the disk using F4
You can load a file with load"name",8,1

Does this info help?

No, this really doesn't help because it's the same old fashioned way I had mentioned. I want to avoid typing load"name",8,1 and only use alt+8 instead.

Let me try to explain it better. Say I'm using an assembly language compiler program to create a program in machine language. Now while I have that in memory, I want to load a program I had created without altering the existing memory.

To get a directory listing, I could either go into basic and use load "$",8 then list or use alt+8. Also if the program was a .PRG file in a folder instead of in a d64 image, then you can't read it from a C64 program that reads directories. Since I don't want to disturb what's already in memory, I'm not going to use the load "$",8 option. This leaves me the alt+8 option to check the name of the program I wish to load.

At this point I have to hit Esc and type in load"name",8,1 like you said, instead of simply hitting return on the program I wanted.