CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Dynamic CCS64 question
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm 

I have a question about the fantastic "new look" CCS64.
I have always preferred CCS64 to any other Commodore Emulator simply because of its ease of use and massive support for pretty much most things c64.
However, i upgraded recently to XP, and noticed the version of CCS i had did not work (DOS version), so i downloaded the latest from the site and to my amazement discovered it has now a resizeable desktop window, and seems to work equally as fast (if not better) than the original.
It also appears (on the surface at least) to behave in exactly the same way as the DOS version (Same control screens, etc.)
I would love to know if CCS64 took a massive overhaul to put it into a resizeable Desktop window?
I ask this because i am best known for my development in the ORIC world, and have long wished for the best ORIC emulator (Euphoric, DOS only, Written in X86 assembly afaik) to be on the desktop in a similar fashion to CCS64.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:26 am 
Site Co-Admin

Yes, all of the DirectX drawing code had to be re-written, to use DirectX 9 routines, from the old DirectX 7 routines in CCS64 V2.0 BETA (this was mainly because the DirectX 7 Windowed Mode wasn't working properly for everybody and also because CCS64 needed to become a proper Windows application and open-up in a window like all other Windows applications). This then meant that extra funky routines could be added, like the Custom Refresh Rate selection. Hakan also added the Rotation Angle and Graphics Filters options, which were other popular requests. So, it meant an entire re-implementation virtually (i.e. it was A LOT of work).

I don't know any of the details, since Hakan doesn't want CCS64 to be open-source; hence this is why the reSID engine can't be added. So, if you need any programming advise, you could always send him an e-mail...

Stuart Toomer.