CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Change emulator Keys
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:25 pm 

CCS64 uses F9 to access the menu. An understandable choice because a real C64 does not have an F9 key.

I'm building a pc in an original breadbin C64 case using the Keyrah V2 so I can use the original C64 keyboard. The only problem is I can't use CCS64 with it, because a commodore 64 does not have an F9 key. A way to change the default menu key from F9 to something else (preferable a combination of two keys) would be great. Fortunately most of the menu items have a direct shortcut, but the option to remap F9 still would be great.
Vice has a near perfect layout for the Keyrah V2, however I prefer CCS64.

Post subject: Re: Change emulator Keys
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:51 pm 

I more or less solved the F9 key problem with the Keyrah V2.
I have a Windows PC in a real C64 breadbin, but because the C64 has no F9 key I could not use CCS64 on it.
Also a real C64 does not have a real cursor UP and Cursor left key. Instead it uses Shift-Cursor down for up and Shift-Cursor Right for Left.
Also Alt-F10 (swap joysticks) can't be used because a real C64 lacks an F10 key.

The workaround I use is a nice little program called "Autohotkey" .
You can run in the System tray. You can make scripts that can redirect keys (or combinations) to other keys.
So what I did is Alt-F1 = F9 (the keyrah V2 interprets the commodore key as ALT)
Also Shift-Cursor down = Up and Shift C and Shift-Cursor Right = Left.
and Alt-J = Alt-F10

Excellent workaround, however it would not be necessary if Hakan could make a few little changes to CCS64 to make it Keyrah V2 compatible just like Vice.
Just make it also possible to use Alt-F1 to go to the options menu. and make the navigation also respond to Shif+cursor combinations and Alt-J for joystick swap.
That way I don't need the autohotkey workaround anymore.

I like Vice, but I like CCS64 better. I like the fact that i don't need the mouse to select games or change options. Also in Full screen mode.
Most important however is that CCS64 has perfect sreen sync. A feature that's broken in Vice for ages.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:38 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I did document AutoHotKey in the CCS64 Knowledge Base, for a slightly different version of this request - refer to Article CCS64-KB-H-007:
http://www.ccs64.com/StuartJohnToomer/K ... _H_007.htm

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:44 pm 

Nice to see two different request more or less have the same solution/workaround.

Did you hear anything from Hakan about the bugs I reported a while ago. Last thing you told me you were back in contact with Hakan, but that's more than a month ago now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:15 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I haven't heard anything from him yet; he sometimes goes for months without contacting me. I will try to chase him up again, as it would be nice to have another release before Christmas.

Stuart Toomer.