CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:14 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Telnet
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:48 pm 

I'd like to request a feature. :D

I'd like there to be a false modem option for the CCS64 so that when I try to dial a BBS in CCGMS, I'm able to telnet to one over my Windows' Internet connection and hook up. Currently, I'm either having to use the Windows application CGTERM, which is nice but not entirely accurate with its emulations.

Perhaps the way the feature could work is by adding a modem menu option where you can configure what baud rate the modem should emulate. When modem emulation is active, perhaps it could hook the data the emulated C64 is trying to send to the modem in a terminal program, intercepting AT commands and pretending to ring, answer, and handshake. As for how CCS64 would figure out what BBS to telnet to, I'd love it if it were possible to recognize something like "ATD bbs.domain.com" and then have CCS64 do the rest to make it happen. Otherwise, if that's not easy to do, then maybe just having the destination port & IP address in the CCS64 modem menu along with some sort of little BBS phonebook, then have the any attempt to call any number over the modem just cause CCS64 to telnet to the selected IP address.

Or something like that. Just trying to grease the gears in PHS's head. :D

Thanks!!