CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:32 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Soundbug in CCS64 V.3.8
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 4
Hallo !

Just intalled CCS64 V3.8 on Windows 7 x64 and tried it out. Everything's fine so far, but only a new bug came up:

With any C64-sound, indifferent if it's music or a soundeffect and with any sounddevice-settings in CCS64, the sound-ouput does have a slightly, but very noticable stuttering/distortion every some some hundred milliseconds, witch is very annoying ! Checked all settings/combinations in CCS64, but no luck.

For comparision, I started my older CCS64 V3.4 on same Windows-machine and sound is perfect ! Means, that there was anegative change in CCS64 ...

Would be nice, to get back the clear sound of CCS64 V3.4

Thanks for any suggestions or a helpful comment from Admin,
Greetings,
Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 4
No developer here, who can give me a comment ?! :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 4
I'm no ccs64-developer, but I run V3.8 on two different Win7 x64 machines without any problems.

_________________
Cheers,
Inge HP

The High Voltage SID Collection
http://www.hvsc.de


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1
CCS64User wrote:
Hallo !
With any C64-sound, indifferent if it's music or a soundeffect and with any sounddevice-settings in CCS64, the sound-ouput does have a slightly, but very noticable stuttering/distortion every some some hundred milliseconds, witch is very annoying ! Checked all settings/combinations in CCS64, but no luck.


Same problem here. problem solved using ccs64 v3.7; problem less serious using ccs64-2005.exe v3.8

windows 7 64 bit - directx 11

Thanx
Maurizio


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 4
Thanks for confirmation of the sound-bug !

Let's hope, it will be fixed in V3.9 ... and the programer already knows about the bug.

Anyone knows, where to download the V3.7 until sound-bug has gone ? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:12 pm
Posts: 115
Location: The Netherlands
Here we go! :D

CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.1
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.2
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.3
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.4
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.5
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.6
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.7
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.8
CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.9
CCS64 V3.0 Official
CCS64 V3.0 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.1 Official
CCS64 V3.1 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.2 Official
CCS64 V3.2 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.3 Official
CCS64 V3.3 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.4 Official
CCS64 V3.4 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.5 Official
CCS64 V3.5 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.6 Official
CCS64 V3.6 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.7 Official
CCS64 V3.7 Official with Installer
CCS64 V3.8 Official
CCS64 V3.8 Official with Installer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 pm 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
CCS64User wrote:
Hallo !

Just intalled CCS64 V3.8 on Windows 7 x64 and tried it out. Everything's fine so far, but only a new bug came up:

With any C64-sound, indifferent if it's music or a soundeffect and with any sounddevice-settings in CCS64, the sound-ouput does have a slightly, but very noticable stuttering/distortion every some some hundred milliseconds, witch is very annoying ! Checked all settings/combinations in CCS64, but no luck.

For comparision, I started my older CCS64 V3.4 on same Windows-machine and sound is perfect ! Means, that there was anegative change in CCS64 ...

Would be nice, to get back the clear sound of CCS64 V3.4

Thanks for any suggestions or a helpful comment from Admin,
Greetings,
Mike


Sounds like a performance issue. Try reducing some of your graphics settings, or reduce the sampling frequency of the sound, to give a bit more processing power to the sound itself. Make sure that you are using the Primary Sound Device, which is smoother.

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 4
Hello !

Thanks for your answer ! :)

But NO, it wasn't a performance problem (Intel Core i7 system).

But now, in V3.9 the problem seems to be gone ... (I did not test it too deep, but Impossible Mission now doesn't have anymore that sound-problem, I found in V3.8 !). Also, I did not face sound-problems in other games. Therefore the programmer should have done some changes to the code of CCS64, it's not because I changed my system. If I revert to 3.8, the sound-problem arises again.

Thanks,
Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
CCS64User wrote:
Hello !

Thanks for your answer ! :)

But NO, it wasn't a performance problem (Intel Core i7 system).

But now, in V3.9 the problem seems to be gone ... (I did not test it too deep, but Impossible Mission now doesn't have anymore that sound-problem, I found in V3.8 !). Also, I did not face sound-problems in other games. Therefore the programmer should have done some changes to the code of CCS64, it's not because I changed my system. If I revert to 3.8, the sound-problem arises again.

Thanks,
Mike


Glad it's fixed. Sometimes, I don't get informed all of the fixes that get made, but find out after the official release! However, I do my best to keep people updated.

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group