CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 pm 

I just did a clean install of winxp sp3 on an old P3 700 Mhz dell desktop machine, it has an internal speaker. And I'm running CCS64 version 3.6

When I run Agent USA I notice the sound being a little choppy. I've run a couple of copies and the same thing. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Is there anything in WindowsXP I need to turn off for CCS64 to run more smoothly? Or is it a game issue?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:14 am 

I figured out the problem.

I had to set the sound in CCS64 to Intel Integrated sound card. It was originally set to primary sound card which was causing problems. Now it's fine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:12 pm 

Actually I found in a number of games the sound is choppy. I have to play around with video settings and sound settings to clear it out, sometimes successful sometimes not. Although I don't have a dedicated sound card it's an integrated one which could be some of my problems.

Most of the time if the video window setting is set to 2x's and I maximize the window there is more of a crackling sound. Whereas if I maximize the window and have the video setting to just window normal then it's better.

Also, before I was running it on an old laptop which has a sound card crackle problem to begin with so I didn't notice it before. Since I've found an old desktop to run it on I've been able to to a little more testing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:14 am 
Site Co-Admin

The sound crackling/stalling problem is due to your graphical demands being too much for your CPU, along with the sound demands, within in the emulator. So, u need to find a compromise of settings that works for your hardware/drivers.

Stuart Toomer.