CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:14 pm 

All - I need some help here. I have 5 different versions/downloads of Red Storm Rising (one of my favs) and not one of them is working past when I try to select a mission :( I load Disk 1 fine, it has the splash screen, it shows the "4 new exciting games" screen, the year screen, the warship ID screen, the boat selection screen, the boat assignment screen, then the level screen, then the training/battle/or Red Storm Rising screen. After I select one of these (starting with just a training against a destroyer for example), it then shows the little story/summary. I them push my trigger and it asks for Disk 2, which I then hit F9, highlight disk 2 and hit F4 to select that disk (I have also gone into that disk's directory and highlighted the 1st prgm and hit F3 to select disk too), then after I hit the trigger to select, it either freezes there (annoying) or it goes to the sub's option screen where I can load the ship's torpedo stores but then when I highlight and click on call general quarters, it immediately turns red saying ENGAGING THE ENEMY and hangs forever.

Is anyone else having this issue? Again this is the same on any of the 5 versions I have of this game. please HELP!!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Try with Maximum 1541 Speed turned OFF. Also, try Kernel Revision 3 ROM and/or a different 1541 ROM. The package I use can be downloaded from below (it has an original 1541 ROM and Kernel Revision 3 ROM, CCS64 is packaged with Kernel Revision 2 ROM):
http://sjtoomer.zymichost.com/ccs64_v38_win32.zip

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:36 am 

Thanks Stuart, but how would I use/install that kernal Rev 3 ROM to work with CC64? I recently downloaded CCS64 v3.8 and tried using with the same scenario/results below. am I doing something wrong? I tried also both running as Boot (Fast) as well as Boot (Normal). thoughts?

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:41 am 
Site Co-Admin

skeefiez11 wrote:
Thanks Stuart, but how would I use/install that kernal Rev 3 ROM to work with CC64? I recently downloaded CCS64 v3.8 and tried using with the same scenario/results below. am I doing something wrong? I tried also both running as Boot (Fast) as well as Boot (Normal). thoughts?

Thanks!!

Over-write the KERNAL.ROM file in your CCS64 installation folder with the KERNAL.ROM file from my ZIP file. You can always just extract all of the contents of my ZIP file in to your CCS64 installation folder, making sure that you over-write all of your files - that will update both the 1541 ROM and the Kernel ROM. If you're un-sure about doing this, create a new folder for CCS64, extract all of my ZIP file in to the new folder, then you can either copy your C64.CFG to the new folder or re-setup your settings again in CCS64 (making sure you ru CCS64 from the new folder). Sometimes, some games are a bit sensitive, so they may need a ROM change(s) and some settings change(s) - it's just a case of playing-around with different things - that's why CCS64 has to be flexible, so it can support all sorts of combinations (depending upon what your PC hardware/drivers can also support).

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 pm 

Just curious. Do you have a version or Red Storm Rising yourself and does it work? I did unzip your file and I copied both the KERNAL.ROM and C1541.ROM files from your zip to my c64_v38 directory and tried running different versions of the RSR rom but again I get the same result. Perhaps I have a setting that is not set correctly? I tried going to Options on the file menu and clicking on Maximum Speed which then showed me "Speed Toggle:100%" rather than "Speed Toggle: Maximum" and it still does not work. I find it hard to believe and a bit frustrating that 5 different copies of the same game will not work :( Any other thoughts or advise?? I really apreciate it Stewart!

Regards,

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:02 pm 
Site Co-Admin

The "Maximum 1541 Speed" option is in the Special... sub-menu. Also, try the following web-site for alternative versions of C64 games (you may have a corrupt version):
http://c64.hardwired.hu/

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm 

ok I will try that. BTW do you have this game? If so, is it working for you and if so can you tell me what settings you have set so I can try matching?

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:39 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I don't have that game, since it's not one that I play. Try my suggestions and report back. It's just a case of playing-around with different settings - that's how I found things out with CCS64.

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:49 pm 

I tried going to that site you mentioned but gives me "403 Forbidden"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:50 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Yes, I get HTTP Error 403 as well. Unfortunately, there's nothing that we here can do about it; it's up to the maintainer of that web-site to bring it back on-line, if it is going to be made available to the public again... So, your options are to either keep waiting or find somewhere else...

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:14 pm 

https://web.archive.org/web/20150111091452/http://c64.hardwired.hu/ :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 am 
Site Co-Admin

Thanks, KC. I didn't know the whole web-site was archived somewhere else! It's a good job, as it's a useful web-site...

Stuart Toomer.