CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: CCS64 V3.3 release...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:52 am 
Site Co-Admin

CCS64 V3.3 has been released. The changes are:

- FIX: Re-implemented the display/collision-detection routines, in order to work with 48- and 50- pixel wide sprites. Krestage 3 now works perfectly.
- ADD: Added an "On - Quiet" option to the Maximum 1541 Speed setting, which does not show the Maximum 1541 Speed message on the screen (so that the on-screen action is not disturbed), when this routine is triggered.
- ADD: $WINDOWSIZEX/$WINDOWSIZEY parameters added to the C64.CFG file, which specify the size of the Window 1x window in pixels, when CCS64 is run in Windowed mode. This is to allow the border area to be better seen, when running in Windowed mode (e.g. Krestage 3 needs a 400-pixel width).
- MOD: The format of the freeze/state files has been changed, to work with the re-implemented display/collision-detection routines. This could not be avoided, due to the core changes made to the emulator.

If anybody spots any other changes or problems, please let me know.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:23 am 

Hi Stuart,

Are there any plans to implement more than the first two input devices under the list of available controllers under Windows?

I have six game controllers hooked up via USB to my computer:

The first two are Saitek P880 controllers (Both are selectable)

The third and forth controllers are NES gamepads connected via RetroUSB device (Neither are selectable)

The fifth and sixth controllers are Atari 2600/C64 compatible controllers connected also through different RetroUSB devices (Also not able to select).

All the above controllers are recognized and act like any other controller under Windows.

When selecting "Joystick settings" under VICE's GUI I see all the above controllers listed and can select and use any of them.

Under CCS64 the "Mode" field for Joystick list a PC Gameport 1 and a PC Gameport 2. Those two choices affect my first two listed controllers (Saitek P880's). However, there is no way to select my other controllers (Adapter Port 1 and Adapter Port 2 does not a thing for recognizing any additional devices).

Ideally, I would love to use the Atari/C64 compatible controllers under CCS64. Any hopes/plans to implement more than the first two devices; for instance adding PC Gameport 3, PC Gameport 4, PC Gameport 5, PC Gameport 6, etc...So my other controllers can be used?

-Trebor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:40 am 
Site Co-Admin

Trebor: I have e-mailed this request to Hakan and I have added it to the CCS64 Bug-/Wish- List. Thank you for letting me know.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:17 am 

There used to be a bug on your list where the game Platoon showed a small horizontal line above the scrolling text. That bug is no longer on your list, but the bug still appears in CCS64.
Why did you remove it from your list?

I'd also like to make a sugestion to the menu's in windowed mode. Some items don't show if they're enabled or not. For instance the 5x speed and maximum speed settings. It would be nice if there was an "enabled tag" in front if it if the option is selected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:20 am 
Site Co-Admin

renepela wrote:
There used to be a bug on your list where the game Platoon showed a small horizontal line above the scrolling text. That bug is no longer on your list, but the bug still appears in CCS64.
Why did you remove it from your list?

Probably because I thought that it has been fixed, but it obviously hasn't. Which crack/version of Platoon are you using? I will put it back on the list again, if I can re-produce it. Thanks for letting me know.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:46 pm 

The Platoon bug wasn't fixed in all versions before 3.3. However I tried version 3.3 today and the horizontal small line is gone. So it's fixed now. Probably the line was related to some of the improvements in version 3.3.
Great it's fixed now. It was one of those bugs that were in for a very long time. So no I can officially confirm the bug is gone since version 3.3.
The Platton version used was the one from Fairlight.

Hopefully you can add the other suggestion to the whish list (tags in fromt of slected options in the menu).

Kind regards,

Rene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:42 am 
Site Co-Admin

renepela wrote:
The Platoon bug wasn't fixed in all versions before 3.3. However I tried version 3.3 today and the horizontal small line is gone. So it's fixed now. Probably the line was related to some of the improvements in version 3.3.
Great it's fixed now. It was one of those bugs that were in for a very long time. So no I can officially confirm the bug is gone since version 3.3.

I guess the problem must have got fixed when Hakan re-implemented the display routine with the collision-detection routine into one more accurate/synchronised routine.

renepela wrote:
Hopefully you can add the other suggestion to the wish list (tags in front of selected options in the menu).

Kind regards,

Rene

Do you mean like tick-boxes for options that are On/Off type options? The trouble is that the majority of the options just link to the under-lying Textual Menus.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:35 am 

I don't know the English word for it, but an example is under the view menu. The status bar option show a tag when enabled. So that's nice.
Other options like 5x speed and maximum speed don't have this tag when enabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:01 pm 
Site Co-Admin

renepela wrote:
I don't know the English word for it, but an example is under the view menu. The status bar option show a tag when enabled. So that's nice.
Other options like 5x speed and maximum speed don't have this tag when enabled.

Yes, it is the Tick against the menu option (when Enabled/On), as I thought. I have passed this on to Hakan.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:07 am 

renepela wrote:

The glitch is still there in the Remember crack:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:01 am 
Site Co-Admin

emulator wrote:
renepela wrote:

What you are seeing there is not a graphical glitch, but is the next line of textual information ("GRAPHICS BY ANDREW SLEIGH") being scrolled. I can see no problems. I am using Kernel Revision 3 ROM and DolphinDOS ROM. CCS64 is packaged with Kernel Revision 2 ROM.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:38 am 

Stuart Toomer wrote:
What you are seeing there is not a graphical glitch, but is the next line of textual information ("GRAPHICS BY ANDREW SLEIGH") being scrolled. I can see no problems.

I wasn't referring to the next line, but to the white flicker under the Platoon logo. It is there with the rev3 Kernal as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:44 pm 
Site Co-Admin

emulator wrote:
Stuart Toomer wrote:
What you are seeing there is not a graphical glitch, but is the next line of textual information ("GRAPHICS BY ANDREW SLEIGH") being scrolled. I can see no problems.

I wasn't referring to the next line, but to the white flicker under the Platoon logo. It is there with the rev3 Kernal as well.

Yes, it is. I think it is something to do with the text-scrolling mechanism being used. This does not occur with Hoxs64. I will log it with Hakan. Thanks for clearing-up the issue here.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:40 pm 
Site Co-Admin

emulator wrote:
renepela wrote:

This bug will be fixed in CCS64 V3.4.

Stuart Toomer.