CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: CCS64 V3.9.1 release...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:13 am 
Site Co-Admin

CCS64 V3.9.1 has been released. The following bug-fixes/enhancements have been made:

- FIX: Multi-threading issues with an internal timing control that could cause CCS64 to crash on Windows 8.x or later.

- FIX: Several analogue anomalies have been fixed, e.g. Crest's EmuSuxx0r.

- ADD: Several PAL artifacts, blurring, etc., have been implemented.

The previously-reported bugs (i.e. regarding Moon Shuttle and Edge Of Disgrace) are still being investigated.

Stuart Toomer.

Last edited by Stuart Toomer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Added an important fix that I forgot to tell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:47 pm 

Just wondering if there's any progress on the few remaining emulation issues (like the edge of disgrace demo) ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I have just re-gained e-mail contact with Hakan, after my e-mails kept getting returned as un-deliverable to him, for several months. Hakan will give me an update shortly. He did advise me that he was looking in to the Moon Shuttle collision-detection problem. He is also aware of the Edge Of Disgrace graphical glitches. I have given him all of the information that he needs to re-produce these faults, so he can investigate/fix them; so I am awaiting further e-mail contact from him. He has some heavy domestic issues on at the moment and I know he is very busy. As soon as I hear of any progress, I will post on here. He is also thinking about how he can reliably fix the CCS64 Forum against spam-attacks, so that new user registrations can be re-enabled - the Q&A measures that I configured work very well for quite a while, but some spammers managed to circumvent them; hence Hakan disabled new user registrations. All I can ask is for people to be patient, as I am being too.

Thank you everybody for your continued patience and understanding...

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:41 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Had a bit more contact with Hakan. Hopefully, when things stabilise with him shortly, he will able to look at the remaining bug-fixes and other stuff...

Thank you, everybody, for your continued patience...

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:21 pm 

Good to hear that. Hopefully Hakan will have time to fix those remaining bugs/compatibility issues. CCS64 is still my favorite C64 emulator. Also the only emulator that emulates the KCS powercartridge (my favorite cartridge).

I also have a small feature request. I would like to see a feature where you can remap keys.
The reason for this is I'm building a pc in a real C64 case. (using the Keyrah V2). Unfortunately a real C64 does not have an F9 key, so remapping that key to something else would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 pm 
Site Co-Admin

renepela wrote:
I would like to see a feature where you can remap keys.

If you go in to the <F9> Menu System, then go in to Options..., then Input..., then Keyboard...., you can re-map C64 keys in there. I think that's what you're after...

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:03 pm 

Unfortunately I can't remap the F9 key. That one is hardcoded.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:46 pm 

Hi Stuart,

Just wondering if you were in contact with Hakan lately.
I was hoping for a bug fix release this year, but it looks like we have to wait a little longer.

Still I'm optimistic. We have one day left this year so maybe tomorrow a new release will see the light :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:06 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Hi,

I have had some contact with Hakan. He is very busy with his domestic arrangements at the moment, which are on-going. Hakan said he hopes to make another release of CCS64 in the new year, as he wouldn't have enough free time to do another release in time for Christmas. I have made Hakan aware of the bug-fixes reported and he has started investigating the Moon Shuttle problem. I will update the CCS64 WWWBoard, as soon as I get any definitive news from Hakan. Like you, I can only wait for him to contact.

I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and I wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Stuart.

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:28 am 
Site Co-Admin

Hello All,

I hope everybody had a Good Christmas/New Year.

There is some good news. I have had some recent contact from Hakan and he is still developing CCS64, in the little spare time that he does have. The problem with Moon Shuttle has been fixed and he is investigating the Edge Of Disgrace issues at Machine Code level. Some new cosmetic graphical options have been implemented too and other functionality is in the works, which I'll describe when v3.9.2 is released. Thanks to everybody for their patience. I, like you, can only keep on waiting. I'll update the CCS64 WWWBoard with any extra news that I get from Hakan himself.

Stuart.

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 am 
Site Co-Admin

Hello Everybody,

Just to let everyone know that Hakan is still developing CCS64, although he does have a lot of domestic stuff on at the moment. He is busy implementing a graphical de-bugging facility, in order to help him identify/fix the graphical glitches with Edge Of Disgrace, which is taking him much longer than expected; but this will come in useful for other such issues in the future.

Thank you, everybody, for your patience. I'll keep this post updated with further news...

Stuart.

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:32 pm 

Thanks for the info Stuart and good to hear Hakan is stll trying to fix the glitch.
I can imagine the problem is very hard to find.
No need to rush things. I think a good graphic debuging system is something that can be of great use in case of future problems.
Also it's also very quit at the C64 emulator front in general. There hasn't been a Vice update in ages and also Hoxs64 development is slow.
CCS64 is still the only emulator that can emulated the old C64 model and has working sync to screen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:36 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Hakan has now managed to fix the graphical glitches with Edge Of Disgrace, which have taken quite a lot of in-depth de-bugging. I am not sure if Hakan wants to make an official release shortly or if he wants to do a bit more development work on CCS64. I will let people know of any more news...

Stuart Toomer.