CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:06 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: CCS64 V3.7 release...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 pm 
Site Co-Admin

CCS64 V3.7 has been released. The following bug-fixes/enhancements have been made:

- ADD: In windowed mode, re-sizing of the window can be done using top/bottom/left/right, which all change the visible C64 portion (i.e. a means of setting $WINDOWSIZEX/Y). Re-sizing with bottom-right is as before (i.e. stretch scaling with Direct 3-D).

- ADD: Changed to using the [Right Shift] key for emulating cursor up/left keys (the C64 only has cursor right/down), because [Left Shift] + [Cursor keys] can some-times create strange characters in BASIC. The [Shift] key to use is configurable in the config file as the $SHIFTKEYAUTO=LEFT/RIGHT setting.

- ADD: Allow more than to 2 real joysticks - now up to 16.

- ADD: Allow the "Joystick Special" sub-menu to select "Bit 4 Single-Fire", in order to by-pass the auto-fire for that trigger.

- ADD: Allow selection of axis-to-axis/button-to-button mapping in the Joystick Calibration screen, so that any axis/button on an advanced joystick/controller can be used as a C64 joystick.

- ADD: To make CCS64 more Windows Vista and multi-user (per computer) friendly, CCS64 also tries to load/save the C64.CFG file from the user's roaming profile at start-up, unless there is a C64.CFG file in the CCS64 installation directory (because in Windows Vista, a user is not normally allowed to change any file in C:\Program Files\... without Administrator privileges).

- FIX: NTSC side-border problem. In NTSC mode, when you open the side-borders, and shift sprites on the left border, the C64 jumps to $FF, not $F8 like PAL, after $00. (This was fixed in CCS64 V3.5, but not advised.)

- FIX: Screen-scaling problem for full-screen resolutions beyond 1280 x 1024, which produced a blank display.

- FIX: Last-line pixel-colour problem. This was introduced due to a previous fix.

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:06 pm 

"ADD: Allow more than to 2 real joysticks - now up to 16."

Fantastic! And it works great. Just one catch. When you initially set the joysticks and exit the emulator using ALT-F4 the settings for the controllers are not retained. However, if you exit via the menu system, selecting Quit...It saves the joystick settings.

Every subsequent exit thereafter can be done via ALT-F4, but the first time around you need to exit via the menu system or you lose your controller setting.

Regardless, the workaround is easy enough and FINALLY it has been implemented and works! Goodbye, VICE! VICE is a great emulator too, but the only reason I was using it over CCS64 was the support of controllers - specifically my Atari/C64 compatible ones connected via USB adapter. I much perfer CCS64's handling of Audio/Video including the way machine type (PAL/NTSC) is handled. CCS64 is C64 emulation perfection! Thank you ...especially for this release!

-Trebor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:26 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Trebor wrote:
"ADD: Allow more than to 2 real joysticks - now up to 16."

Fantastic! And it works great. Just one catch. When you initially set the joysticks and exit the emulator using ALT-F4 the settings for the controllers are not retained. However, if you exit via the menu system, selecting Quit...It saves the joystick settings.

Every subsequent exit thereafter can be done via ALT-F4, but the first time around you need to exit via the menu system or you lose your controller setting.

-Trebor

I've passed this on to Hakan for investigation/fixing...

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:16 pm 

Hi

I have two computers running CCS64 3.7. One is running XP32, the other Vista64, and both are running IE8. After installing 3.7, if I try to download an exe file using IE8 on either computer, the download window will instead try to save a t64 file of type "C2N Tape Image". In other words - I try to download Example.exe, but I get Example.t64 :shock:

Sure it would be great to emulate a Windows program on C64, but I'm afraid it would create an incredibly powerful virtual singularity, pulling Windows in and rendering my computer unusable :lol:

How can this be fixed?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:23 pm 

Sorry for the problems!

The executables in both the zip- and the install-archive are now (as of May 5th) updated to work as expected with the joystick settings. No version changes this time.

The latest install-package actually do add file associations of .d64 and .t64, it seems that IE8 had problems with the mime types set. It seems that there is a lack of an official mime-type for .t64 (some website faultly lists it as "application/octet-stream" and I was naive enough to first use that while searching for relevant mime types required for the windows installer). The install package has been updated with hopefully better mime types. Please un-install, download and install again, to solve the problem in IE8.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:06 pm 

Thanks!

That solved it :D