CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 12
"Anyone" and "Game Over" by FLT+Crest have a particular loader that prevents CCS 2.0b (feb'02) from loading part 2, even using "normal" loading of main part.
Use Jiffydos 6.01 Rom to work around, I've been able to watch the demos to the end only this way.

Hint already added to CSDB entries comments:
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=8132&show=review
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id= ... how=review

_________________
-=[]=--- iAN CooG ---=[]=-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:50 am 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
Thanks, Ian. As mentioned in the previous post, some revisions of the C64 Kernel ROM are better suited to certain games/demos/cartridges than others, but using Revision 3 is generally recommended (bug-fixes).

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Last edited by Stuart Toomer on Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 12
In these 2 cases, rev 3 kernal does not change things. You have to use JiffyDos.

_________________
-=[]=--- iAN CooG ---=[]=-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:18 pm 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
iAN CooG/HF wrote:
In these 2 cases, rev 3 kernal does not change things. You have to use JiffyDos.


Thanks for the information, Ian.

I think also DolphinDOS is used for some other reason, so certain DOS versions are suited to some particular games/demos/cartridges.

For some more articles, refer to:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.too ... _I_001.htm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.too ... _I_004.htm

The C64 Kernel ROM seems to raise quite a few issues, but luckily these seem to be isolated, unless anybody knows of any general pattern of C64 Kernel ROM compatibility issues/recommendations.

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:19 pm 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
I have also noticed that the CCS64 Fast-Loader is not compatible with IFFLS, as used in recent NOStalgia cracks.

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 12
Stuart Toomer wrote:
I have also noticed that the CCS64 Fast-Loader is not compatible with IFFLS, as used in recent NOStalgia cracks.

Which game? I always use Return to load the main file from F9/drive 8 (so in "fast" emulaton) and they load all correctly. I always use alt-e/1541 status on to see if drive is working and nothing strange happens.

_________________
-=[]=--- iAN CooG ---=[]=-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 12
Stuart Toomer wrote:

I also noticed that CCS 2.0b (feb02) can't run the CART version of Serpentine (or SerpentiLe, call it what you prefer :P )
I've ripped it and made a working (and +1 trained) standalone PRG, tested with all kernels and speeddos/jiffy/dolphin etc.
Please test it in CCS 3.0 as I don't have (and no intention to install) DX9.

http://iancoog.altervista.org/HF/Serpentile+1.prg

_________________
-=[]=--- iAN CooG ---=[]=-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:53 pm 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
iAN CooG/HF wrote:
Stuart Toomer wrote:

I also noticed that CCS 2.0b (feb02) can't run the CART version of Serpentine (or SerpentiLe, call it what you prefer :P )
I've ripped it and made a working (and +1 trained) standalone PRG, tested with all kernels and speeddos/jiffy/dolphin etc.
Please test it in CCS 3.0 as I don't have (and no intention to install) DX9.

http://iancoog.altervista.org/HF/Serpentile+1.prg


Support for the Serpentine cartridge has only been added to CCS64 V3.0 BETA. CCS64 V2.0 BETA is no longer developed by Hakan.

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:20 am 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
iAN CooG/HF wrote:
Stuart Toomer wrote:
I have also noticed that the CCS64 Fast-Loader is not compatible with IFFLS, as used in recent NOStalgia cracks.

Which game? I always use Return to load the main file from F9/drive 8 (so in "fast" emulaton) and they load all correctly. I always use alt-e/1541 status on to see if drive is working and nothing strange happens.


I think it is IFFLS V3.4 and later, but definately certain versions of IFFLS.

This is not a fault of IFFLS, nor of CCS64, since fast-loaders are always developer-dependent.

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 12
Stuart Toomer wrote:
Support for the Serpentine cartridge has only been added to CCS64 V3.0 BETA.

I know. So I've made Serpentine.prg playable also in ccs 2.0 because of some "interfering" JSRs in CART code :)
Quote:
CCS64 V2.0 BETA is no longer developed by Hakan.

No problem. I'll continue using it. Tested 3.0 at office and didn't liked it.

_________________
-=[]=--- iAN CooG ---=[]=-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:58 am
Posts: 3
Stuart Toomer wrote:
This is not a fault of IFFLS, nor of CCS64


If it runs on a real C64+1541, it is CCS64's fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:38 pm 
Offline
Site Co-Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:46 pm
Posts: 786
Location: East Yorkshire, England
cadaver wrote:
Stuart Toomer wrote:
This is not a fault of IFFLS, nor of CCS64


If it runs on a real C64+1541, it is CCS64's fault.


As I mentioned, fast-loaders are always developer-dependent; therefore, programs that use specially-developed fast-loaders (like IFFLS) should be run in "Normal" C64 mode. IFFLS games *do* work with CCS64, when they are Run (Normal), not Run (Fast). Therefore, there is no fault.

_________________
Kind regards,

Stuart Toomer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:19 pm
Posts: 78
Your problem you are having with certainloaders is due to the fact hat your 1541.rom is ALSO an old revision. Try using the one that comes with VICE (latest 1541 ROM) and the stuff should work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 12
zaphod wrote:
Your problem you are having with certainloaders is due to the fact hat your 1541.rom is ALSO an old revision. Try using the one that comes with VICE (latest 1541 ROM) and the stuff should work.

I can't confirm, but still I'm using CCS2.0b. Tried now with rev3 kernal+c1541.rom from Vice - and yes, the rom is different, like it was patched - and at least the 2 demos above don't move from track 18 (see disk activity using alt-e). Only using Jiffydos roms the parts are loading without problems.

_________________
-=[]=--- iAN CooG ---=[]=-


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group