CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:21 pm 

Hello all,

I'm using CCS64 V2.0 Beta (Direct X) with my HardSID card. I've stuck with this version as it will run at 50Hz on my monitor to give smooth scrolling and I also like the PAL filter which perfectly emulates my old portable TV.

The issue I'm having is around using saved states. I can create them, but when I try to load them the emulator closes and kicks me back to my desktop. This does not happen in the non-HardSID version, which saves and loads states with no problem.

I've read in another post on this forum that this 'unexpected closing' can happen when using save states from a different version of CCS64. My problem is happening with the same version.

I'm guessing that it is something to do with the change in code to enable HardSID support, but I can't find older versions of CCS64 V2 to see when this bug appeared.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, if so, have you found a way round it apart from using the non-HardSID version?

Many thanks all. Long live the C64!!!

Kris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:54 pm 
Site Co-Admin

This is normally a bug, which was fixed in a later release of CCS64. Are you using the latest version of CCS64 V2.0 BETA? It can be downloaded from my web-site:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.toomer

Also note that CCS64 V2.0 BETA save-states are not compatible with CCS64 V3.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:47 pm 

Thanks for the reply Stuart.

I've downloaded the latest version of V2 BETA via your link.

The load/save state feature works fine in this version but I can't seem to enable Hardsid card support. Do you do this by using the "CCS.exe hardsid 0" command in the shortcut?

Cheers, Kris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:11 pm 
Site Co-Admin

thewool wrote:
Thanks for the reply Stuart.

I've downloaded the latest version of V2 BETA via your link.

The load/save state feature works fine in this version but I can't seem to enable Hardsid card support. Do you do this by using the "CCS.exe hardsid 0" command in the shortcut?

Cheers, Kris.

I think that the versions in my CCS64 V2.0 BETA archives are the non-HardSID versions, since Hakan didn't make his final fixes to the HardSID build. Prior to CCS64 V3, the HardSID version was a separate build - in CCS64 V3, HardSID is built-in to the one build, which therefore works for everybody (HardSID and non-HardSID users). Sorry!!! If you want to use HardSID, you'll need the other (and more buggy) HardSID build instead. Sorry, but that's the way it was back then...

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:40 pm 

Cheers STuart.

Do you know if the PAL filter that was used in V2 (selected in the screen resolution option) has been implemented in V3?

I know there are various filters in the video options such as scale, antialias, etc. but I can't find the PAL filter. As I mentioned before I like this one as it appears very authentic to the 'actual' C64 games I used to play (on my cheap TV!).

Thanks again, Kris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:36 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Yes, you need to set the Palette... to be PAL (for true PAL TV appearance) or Use PAL Palette in order to use the estimated PAL RGB values. CCS64 V3 does everything that CCS64 V2.0 BETA does and more, so you ought to use it in preference (use CCS64 V3.2, since some bugs need fixing in CCS64 V3.4)... You can download both of these versions from here and also from my web-site:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.toomer

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:51 pm 

Excellent, took a bit of experimenting (a few crashes) to get scanlines and the filter working together, but all in all that's worked really well.

Cheers Stuart!