CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Filenames and Front Ends
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:21 am 

Hi,
I'm trying to configure ccs64 v3.4 to work with a front end (atomicFE 0.19) that will launch c64 games.
I tested it with couple of games with simple filenames (no spaces, no punctuation). It worked perfectly and loaded the games automatically. Then I tried the front end with games that have more complex filenames (contain spaces and ,.[]()). The emulator started but wouldn't load the game automatically. I also tried to associate game files with ccs64 and start them in windows, but the results were same, so it's not a front end problem.
Is there a way to make the filenames work? I can't really rename them because they would look bad and there's like 17600 of them.
I'm using Windows XP sp2.
Hope this makes sense, will post more info if needed.

edit: removed irrelevant text

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:35 am 

May I point you to Gamebase64?
It is a pre-configured frontend with 20000 games, thousands of originals (disks, tapes, cartridges), screenshots, HVSC update #47, box scans, adverts and many more.
You can download the 2 images of the newest version (1 CD and 1 DVD) from emule. Search for gb64 and you will find GB64_Gamebase64_V05_main.rar and GB64_Gamebase64_V05_Extras.rar. Unrar the ISO's and burn them on CD and DVD and you will have the best and largest collection of C64 games in the world!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:36 am 

I've already tried gamebase and I can't use it. The computer I'm configuring is a mediabox with tv as a screen, so the resolution is too low. Also I need to launch many other emulators with it and I don't have mouse and keyboard in that setup. But I can use those snapshots, thanks for the link!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:54 am 

I experimented some more and it's actually commas that cause loading not to start. Weird. I thought that it might be an issue with my finnish os, but that can't be because the developer is swedish himself. Maybe it's a bug in the emulator? Thats all I can think of. As a solution I'll just replace every , with - .
Still, if anyone can think of a better solution, please post.