CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:42 pm 

Hi folks,
it's about 20 years ago, when I wrote my last code on the original C64. Now I'm about to write a small game within the CCS64 Emulator. I've created a spreadsheet in OpenOffice to design and let calulate the data for some sprites that I want to use in the game. These are 3 animation cycles for each of the 8 directions (N,NW,W,SE,et.), means 3 * 8 * 64 = 1,5 KB data to type in... I tried to save the data within a .prg-file to import the data with the LP command within the machine monitor, but that didn't work. I think, OpenOffice-Basic-Macros are coding the data with 16 instead of 8 bits per value or something like that, when writing them in a file with the PUT-Command. I don't want to type down all that data. Has someone an idea, how to import data from Windows applications into CCS64 (as a basic programm or direct memory import)?
greets & thanks, if someone could help!

Post subject: No it works!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 pm 

Hi,

I've just re-analyzed the stuff. OpenOffice-Basic doesn't PUT 0-values into the binary files, so there are many values missing, when importing the data from the PRG-file. Solution: I wrote the same macro in VBA in Excel. Now everything works fine. If somebody's interested in the Excel-Sheet for Sprite-Calculation, just ask.