CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:34 am 

I have looked at other posts concerning people not being able to use a joystick and they have not helped me any. I read one post that referred to a program called joy2key but my computer is unable to open it; doesn't recognize what it is or something. Is it even possible to use a joystick with ccs64? Any suggestions, or info, would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:41 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Yes, other people use your joystick and others fine with CCS64, and with other C64 emulators for the PC (e.g. WinVICE). You probably need special software installing/running, for what you want to do; but I am not a joystick expert, so perhaps somebody else can help you instead. So long as you've read my CCS64 KB article and tried the software mentioned there, there's nothing much more I can say. Perhaps you've not got something configured/set-up correctly or maybe there's a conflict, which is preventing you from being able to use your joystick properly; those sorts of problems are generally Windows-based problems, not really CCS64's fault.

Until you manage to get your joystick problems sorted out, it's best to stick with the key-board. Refer to my CCS64 V2.0 BETA Supplemental User Instructions for more information there.

For information about where these resources are, look at the Announcement postings at the top of this forum.

Stuart Toomer.