CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:36 pm 

I seem to have problems loading many of the games from the arnold ftp ass wel as from other repositories. The problem starts when loading the game. The filenames show strange characters (hearts, | signs etc) at the start of each file. An example (shot with winvice cause that emulator shows the problem in a obvious way):

The emulator seems to try to load the files but the game crashes when doing so. Resulting in silimair screens like this one:

This happens with a LOT of games, some others do work. Am I doing something wrong? As stated I also tried Winvice only to see the same games fail to load there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:21 pm 
Site Co-Admin

That is because the disk contents appear to the Zip-Coded (1!xxx, 2!xxx, 3!xxx, etc.). CCS64 doesn't natively support this, so you will need to extract the individual parts from the D64 file, then re-convert them to a D64 file again. You can use the Star Commander/Utilities to do this:
http://sta.c64.org/scbeta.html

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:40 am 

Could u please explain to me how to reconvert the files to a d64 again? Winvice gives the same problems so I guess that program also doesnt support zipped content?

I understand that the contents of the D64 itself are zipped so I need to extract them from the d64, unzip them and rebuild a new D64?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:33 pm 
Site Co-Admin

You need to use Star Commander, in order to extract each individual PRG from that D64 file, then use the STARZIP program (which is a part of the Star Utilities package), in order to re-construct a D64 file. STARZIP may be able to do the job fully.

It has been quite a while since I have had to use those utilities, so it is best to download them yourself and investigate them - it's how I learnt. The Star Utilities package comes with instructions for each utility too.

Stuart Toomer.