CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:58 am 
Site Co-Admin

puttesnutte wrote:
However I now discovered I can't use 32-bit fullscreen modes, as they just produce garbage on screen...

This definitely has to be a graphics driver problem, since everything works fine for me, and presumably do 8-/16- bit graphic modes work fine for you too (or perhaps not)?

I suggest you download a more up-to-date version of your graphics driver, since your current version isn't very compatible with DirectX or has some severe bugs.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:17 pm 

THere are two seperate issues at work here.

I also find the windows gui menus completely unusuable, but the in emu menus work fine. I do have an ATI card.

The other issue is a general one. If a joystick is installed, but not connected, any app that polls the joystick port will slow down significantly. this is not a problem with usb controllers, because those auto uninstall when disconnected, but with sidewinders and anything else that attaches to a sound card gameport the problem is very real. The solution is to attach the controller or uninstall it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm 

Hi everyone!

Just registered to share my experience with this - hope it helps.
I've been experiencing the same problem here - when using alt-tab in fullscreen or entering the menus (in windowed mode), the cpu went to 100% and windows hardly responded at all. All i could do was quitting ccs64 via alt-f4, as even the task-manager wasn't able to start. In my case moving the cfg-file to a backup-folder solved the problem. Further investigation (comparison of the old and new cfg-file) showed that a video option was responsible for the problem.

OPTIONS/VIDEO/UPDATE MODE
good: Automatic
bad: Frame/0/50

The problem is (on this pc) reproducable.
I'm using XP SP2. If you need further Information, feel free to contact me.

I found another 'glitch' as well. As i'm using a Soundblaser X-Fi Card, i quite often use the 24-Bit Crystalizer Feature. This causes Sound issues with ccs. The more you increase the effect, the worse it gets. It sounds like a constant beep. This however is easily resolved by disabling the Option - at least if you know how to solve it... which in my case took quite some time ;)

greets,

eCat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:41 am 

eCat wrote:
OPTIONS/VIDEO/UPDATE MODE
good: Automatic
bad: Frame/0/50

Bingo!
Thnx eCat!