CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Newbie wiht a question
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:17 pm 

I am new to this and I love it but I have a few questions.

I started using VICE last night, but want to use CC64 since that seems better from what I hear. Here are my quesitons that I hope someone can help with:

1. When I download games should I keep them in their zipped folder or do I need to unzip them first before I try to play them?
2. When I was trying VICE I was playing Bruce LEe, no problems there, but when I tried Space Taxi, I couldn't get it to start and it keep running the demo mode, no response from the fire button or from pressing any keyboard button. Every time I pressed fire it would freeze for a second.
3. In each image there are a handful of PRG files. Which one do I use?

THanks everyone. No if there was only a way to play Picnic Paranoa from my old Atari 800XL on a Commodore emulator.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:48 pm 
Site Co-Admin

shlov1 wrote:
I am new to this and I love it but I have a few questions.

I started using VICE last night, but want to use CC64 since that seems better from what I hear. Here are my quesitons that I hope someone can help with:

1. When I download games should I keep them in their zipped folder or do I need to unzip them first before I try to play them?
2. When I was trying VICE I was playing Bruce LEe, no problems there, but when I tried Space Taxi, I couldn't get it to start and it keep running the demo mode, no response from the fire button or from pressing any keyboard button. Every time I pressed fire it would freeze for a second.
3. In each image there are a handful of PRG files. Which one do I use?

THanks everyone. No if there was only a way to play Picnic Paranoa from my old Atari 800XL on a Commodore emulator.

My responses are:

1. You need to un-zip them to a folder on your C: drive. Create a new folder to store all of your un-zipped games in to.

2. This might be due to the game loading. The Maximum 1541 Speed feature in CCS64 is faster than VICE's equivalent feature. Also, problems with games may be due to: corrupt/incomplete images, Kernel/1541 ROM revisions, the loading method used, enabling device traps, etc. Some games need special combinations of settings, in order to work properly, within the emulators. So, that sort of problem is not always easy to solve.

3. Normally, whichever is the same name of the game, or the first, or one called LOAD or BOOT (whichever indicates the starting-up of the game). Normally, if you use the Load (Normal) or Load (Fast) option, this will load and run the game for you automatically. (PRG files are referred to a single-part programs.)

Stuart Toomer.