CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:25 am 

I am trying to play a game that uses only number and letter commands. Unfortunately, the emulator seems unable to allow me to use some of the numbers and letters, because they are designed for other commands within the application. For example, I need to use the number '1' very frequently in the game. But when I use it from the top row of my keyboard, it triggers an emulator screen related to Tape Device 1.

I also need to use the letters 'M' and 'S' as well, as these allow me to toggle the sound in the game and to save a game in progress. But they trigger other functions in the emulator, and so I'm unable to implement the original intended commands.

Is there any way that I can configure the emulator to translate my keyboard numbers and letters literally? I need to have numbers 1 through 0 and all the alphabetical letters available to me. Otherwise this game is unplayable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:41 am 
Site Co-Admin

It sounds to me like ALT appears to be permanently pressed with your keyboard. Which keyboard are you using? Are you using the latest CCS64 V3.1?

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:26 pm 

I'm using the latest CC64 v3.1. I just installed it and have never used the emulator before. I'm running a machine that is only a couple of months old. It's an Acer E380 dual core machine, and I'm using the factory keyboard. I don't think the ALT key is stuck at all. I haven't had problems with any other application.

When this problem happens, if I press ALT-I and bring up the input menu, then press ESC and exit back to the game without doing anything, I'm temporarily able to enter those commands without triggering the emulator settings screens. But later the emulator reverts back to the same problem, without me doing anything other than continuing to play the game using the keyboard commands. It's very strange, and while there is a workaround of sorts, it is time consuming and annoying.