CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:54 pm 

I run a dual monitor on a HP system. One monitor is a HP2035 and the other is a HP1520. When I start CCS64 on the main monitor it works fine. If I slide it over to the 2nd monitor it doesn't refresh the screen or something. If I type something it doesn't update at all but when I slide it back to the main screen it really did register and displays what I typed.

I tried setting the refresh rate to match on both monitors (not sure if that even was a "good" troubleshooting step) but that didn't help either. I also tried running it while explorer was open on the 2nd monitor. It starts but the screen is blank but as soon as I slide it over to the main screen it shows the C64 start screen perfectly.

There is nothing wrong at all running it from the main monitor it just when it is on the secondary monitor that doesn't seem to refresh anything visually but it is registering what I type if I slide it back to the main screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:16 am 
Site Co-Admin

This does not sound like a CCS64 problem to main, more like a graphics driver problem, not dealing correctly with dual monitors.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:35 am 

Thanks Stuart, I think you're exactly right. It's supposed to extend the desktop. I can put the emulator so half is on the main screen and half on the 2nd. The main monitor shows the blinking cursor and the 2nd monitor just shows an empty window frame. I tried to update the drivers but still no luck. I will keep fudging around with it and see if something works. I appreciate the feedback. If you think of anything that else that I am missing I would appreciate it. Thanks again!!