It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:00 am 

First create a blank D64 file:
Press Alt/8
Browse to the folder where you want to put the D64 file
Select (Dir) .
Press F1 to create a new file and give it a name.
Press Alt/8 again, browse to the D64 file and choose Select Disk
Type in:
LOAD "$",8
LIST
You should see something like:
0 "CCS CCS CCS CCS " 01 2A
664 BLOCKS FREE

Then check if CCS64 writes continously to the D64 file:
Press Alt/O
Check if "Saving" is set to "Continously". If not, change it to Continously.

Before typing in long listings, check if everything is correct by typing in a few lines, save it to disk, close CCS64, start CCS64 and see if your program is still on the D64 file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:23 pm 

There are some programs that can convert files between text and prg, like TOK64 (included in Vice) and Bastext. I don't have much experience with this, but I think you have a problem if you want to type special Commodore characters in Winword. :?
IMHO it is better to look for a way to be able to save your program correct to a d64 image.
What command do you use to save the program? It should be something like:
Code:
SAVE "PROGRAM",8

Do you get an error messgae when you try to save your program? Note that you cannot save a program with the same name a second time. The command to overwrite a program (with an @ at the beginning of the program name) is bugged, so don't use it! Best way to save it is to use a different program name anytime you save it (LUNAR1, LUNAR2, etc.).
If you still have problems with saving programs to a disk, you can also try to use WinVICE. With WinVice you can also create a blank disk image and save to it. Winvice standard writes continously to disk and you cannot change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:38 pm 
Site Co-Admin

K.C. wrote:
If you still have problems with saving programs to a disk, you can also try to use WinVICE. With WinVice you can also create a blank disk image and save to it. Winvice standard writes continously to disk and you cannot change it.

WinVICE is no better than CCS64 for this purpose. Better to be able to use the C64 BASIC language properly, since it is the same in WinVICE anyway.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:12 pm 

True. I don't want to say that WinVICE is better in anything than CCS64 or vice versa.
I don't have any problems with saving files to disk images with CCS64, so this is not a problem in CCS64.
The reason that this person cannot save his programs could have something to do with 2 things:
- Wrong BASIC commands to load/save files. If this is the case, than he won't be able to do it in WinVICE either and you are right.
- Misuse of the CCS64 interface. If he p.e. doesn't attach a disk properly, there is a chance that he can manage it in WinVICE. That's why I mentioned it.