CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:35 pm 

Yes I know that there are (several) other "Sound Problem" threads, but I have tried the various solutions offered there (even changing the "Window" mode) and nothing has worked yet! I amstill getting the imfamous "pop-n-hiss" when using CCS64 V 3, and I'm at my wits end!

So, rather than toss my computer out the freaking window (which seems a tad drastic, however tempting at the moment) I thought I would ask if anyone else out there has a SoundMax Digital Intergrated Audio do-hicky on their computer, and if so, (assuming you have no "pop-n-hiss" problem) howintheheck is your CCS64 v3 configured????

First things first: I'm running on Windows XP Home w/Service Pack 2, Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 HHz, 1.50 GB of RAM, NIVIDIA Ge Force 5700 (with 250 MB RAM) grapic card, ALL my drivers are up-to-date & yes, I've got Direct X 9 on my computer. (There is no difference in sound quallity between the "Primary Driver" and "SoundMax" settings in CCS64, which makes me wonder if, somehow, SoundMax isn't my primary driver.....in which case how on earth do I get Direct X 9 to kick in! )

Hmmm....actually, I would also be interested in knowing- from those of you without sound issues- what kind of sound cards you have. I'm not above changing mine....

Thanks for any and all help/feedback!

-ZW

****Long Live the Wolves & ALL Wild Canines!!****

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:29 am 
Site Co-Admin

My sound card is a SoundBlaster Audigy (using SigmaTel Audio device). It sounds to me like you need to replace your sound card.

Stuart Toomer.