CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:26 pm 

I just got this wonderful retro joystick in the mail today but I have a problem with it in CCS64.
It works fine but I'm left handed so I want to use the right button on the joystick as the FIRE button but no matter what I do, I can't seem to change that.. it's stuck with the left button as the FIRE button.

I would highly appreciate some help on this one, I can't wait to start playing :D

Btw, it's not possible to use two of these to play 2 player games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:07 am 

Yes it is a very cool joystick :)

Btw, do you feel that the stick is a little hard? I get tired in my wrist after playing for some time.. then again my wrists are pretty weak for some reason.. carpal tunnel perhaps.

I hope it loosens up a little bit eventually.

Tell me if you figure out how to use the right button as the fire button in CCS64.. I'd really appreciate that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:20 pm 

And there it broke.. the stick came off! I've played perfectly normal and I've not played any joystick killer games either.. the only games I had time to play were Lotus 2 and Superfrog.
My total playtime was probably about 6 hours or so before it broke. I didn't drop it or anything and I was very careful with it.
I contacted the seller and I hope he'll give me a replacement and that this one was either damaged in the mail or a factory error or something.. otherwise these things are of very low quality :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:31 am 

Well, I could glue the stick back on but something broke inside it too so if I push the joystick up, it stays there unless I pull it back again. I can hear this loose thing inside the joystick when I shake it.
Breaking his joystick is something no guy should have to suffer :(

I do have the translucent blue one, yeah.. I got two for two player games (which later turned out wasn't possible) so now I use the second stick.
Kinda hoping that one will last for a week at least :D

I also just bought an adapter thing that lets me use real Amiga/C64 joysticks on a PC by connecting it to a USB port. This way I'll be sure I get quality joysticks.

Oh in other news - I just finished Superfrog :D I needed some practice with the stick so I started with a relatively easy game.. and I really feel that it's been a while (12+ years) since I last touched a joystick... what?? :eek: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:44 am 

No, I haven't sorted out the joystick problem yet, that's why I'm only playing Amiga games :(

My problem is that the right button on the joystick is assigned to the second fire button in the emulator. Fire button 1 is the action button in C64 games and that one is on the left side of the joystick.
Since I have to hold the joystick with my left hand (I'm left handed), it's very hard to also use the left side button.
Still haven't found a way to use the right side button as the fire button :(

Any help would be greatly (!) appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:51 am 

Quite silly, if you take into account that the original competition pro buttons had exactly the same function.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:27 pm 

Let me see if I have this right; you want to use the right button instead of the left? The emu will not map to it? If not, try the program called Joy2Key. Worse case scenarion is to switch the wires around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:18 pm 

You're right, that's exactly the problem. I tried that joy2key program but for some reason the joystick wouldn't work at all in CCS64 when using that (I mapped the joystick movements and buttons to keyboard keys and picked those keys to play with in CCS64).

I don't think I'll try messing with wires or anything like that, I'll probably break it :D

Thanks for the reply though.

Edit - Blackout, what do you mean? On the original C64, all the joystick buttons did the same thing, remember? :) Or was that C64 competition joystick different from most joysticks? Well, on all if the joysticks I ever owned for the Amiga and C64, all the buttons did the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:24 am 

Sure the Joy2Key program works. Which Input options did you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:14 am 

You're right, it DOES work :D
I have no idea what I did when I couldn't make it work, it works perfectly now.

Thanks for making me try again hehe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:25 pm 

HEHE that program DOES have a mind of its own in the beginning. Happy playing.