CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:28 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just tried recording some footage from a few games and only getting the sounds but no video. I'm running Windows 8 (yeah, yeah... came with the laptop), tried both uncompressed and using Microsoft video codecs. Tried opening the files with both MovieMaker and VLC, same result. Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Trantor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Uncompressed (Raw) works fine on my Windows 7 laptop, recently re-tested it. It sounds like a codec issue to me. This isn't a dreaded Windows 8 problem, is it?

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:50 pm 

Nah, looks like it works (just can't open the file immediately, have to let it finish saving to the HD first.)

But am having a sound synch problem about 10 minutes into a recording. Sound is delayed in comparison with the video. Anyone else have this problem?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:25 am 
Site Co-Admin

The new kind of problem you are describing sounds like a buffering issue in the codec/drivers, causing the audio/video to become progressively out-of-sync with each other. MS sound drivers are well for being programmatically over-buffered, causing synchronisation issues. Yes, you have to let CCS64 finish writing the AVI file to disk, before playing it back elsewhere. You could always try reducing your audio/video quality in CCS64 (less processing over-head), prior to recording the AVI within CCS64, to see if that improves the audio/video synchronisation issues. I still think these codecs/drivers in Windows 8 sound a bit dodgy.

Stuart Toomer.