CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:06 am
Posts: 3
Help please, I have what are probably very easy questions, but have not been able to solve them through exploring forums and faq's.

I am trying to play Bard's Tale (among other games) on the latest ccs64 emulator (I think it's latest, I just downloaded within the last week).

1. I can't make any new characters save.

2. Although I've made both a save file and char file, I can't seem to use the game's make a disk option either.

3. I read that I can't save game progress unless I have the "full version" emulator. Is this true, and how do I know if I have it? Can I use the freeze states option within a game or something instead?

4. Also, when I have more than one game downloaded and choose one, I can't get the others to show up in the directory afterwards. I've been deleting one game in order to play another, but it's ridiculous. Do I need to just change the directory path or something? How?

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!! :D

It's slow torture looking at these screens and not being able to play! :(

I ordered the 3-disc, 15,000 games, commodore 64 package online...anyone else? I haven't got it yet. I'm just wondering if it comes with a "full version" emulator...or if anyone had any other feedback about it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:12 pm
Posts: 115
Location: The Netherlands
1. The latest version of CCS64 is V3 Beta 1.5. With this version you can create new disk images and save files to it. However, in CCS64 you can save files permanently to disk images, or keep changes on the disk as long as the emulator is running. To save data permanently, press Alt/O, navigate to "Saving" under "1541 Emulation" and press F1 until you see "Continously". Press Esc to return to emulation mode. This might solve your problems with writing data to disks. BTW of course you cannot make changes to a disk file that is set to Read Only! Uncheck Read Only at the proprties of the disk image file in Windows if it is selected.

2. I think you first have to make a new, blank disk and insert it in your virtual disk drive. Do this by pressing Shift/Alt/8, select "Create Empty .D64" and press Enter. Enter a name for the new disk image (don't forget to end with .d64!). Attach this disk with Alt/F8 to drive 8 and now you can use this disk for storing data to it.

3. You don't need a full version. As mentioned above version 3 supports writing to D64 files.

4. With Alt/8 you can browse through all disk images you have. Press <Cursor-Left> to leave an eventually attached disk and browse with the arrow-keys to the image you want.

There is a much better collection of games for the C64 available on http://www.gamebase64.com. The 16650 (!!!) games in this collection are very well organized in an easy to use front-end (screen shots, game info, good search engine, nice scripting language to automaticcaly configure any emulator) and it is free!!!
You can download the front-end, the database, screenshots, music files and single games from this site. When you want the complete package, including all games AND thousands of original games (not the cracked ones), you have to download it from e-mule. Do a search for Gamebase.v2 and you will find 3 CD's CD1: install files, CD 2: games and CD 3: Originals. These 3 CD's are the best C64 game collection you can ever get!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: thanx
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:06 am
Posts: 3
Thanks for the help and the quick response!

I still am having trouble though. In Bard's Tale, I couldn't get any new characters saved. And just to try, I used their default characters, changed the order of the party, and then left the game, which was supposed to save the new state of the characters...it didn't. :cry:

My save file, although perhaps it isn't really necessary to have one in order to save, wasn't on "read-only" when I checked, so that wasn't the problem.

I haven't tried to save in any other games yet to see if it works more easily, but I will.

Also, I still can't figure out how to get back to a full directory of games (image files). After I try to play one game and use the left cursor or F9 to get back to the directory, it only shows the files associated with that game. My other downloaded images don't appear. Even if I quit and restart. My previous game is still in the path and only its files appear...
I've been deleting the entire file of the game I was playing, and then the others show up...until I pick one of them to play and then that becomes the only one I can access.

Any suggestions?

Again, thanks for the help :)

The games I have downloaded and am trying to play now (although I haven't tried them all yet) are Bard's Tale, Lords of Conquest, Pirates, Mail-Order Monsters and Archon. Anyone having luck playing and saving in these games?

Perhaps, I'm a tad sloooww :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:12 pm
Posts: 115
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
and then left the game, which was supposed to save the new state of the characters...it didn't.

Did you CHECK that Saving is set to Continously in CCS64? :roll: (F10, Options, Saving under 1541 Emulation). The settings Disabled and Ask at diskchange don't save changes to disk images when you quit the game.

Quote:
Also, I still can't figure out how to get back to a full directory of games (image files). After I try to play one game and use the left cursor or F9 to get back to the directory, it only shows the files associated with that game. My other downloaded images don't appear.

When the contents of a disk image are displayed, pressing the arrow-left key will return to a higher level of the directory tree. So, when you want to change a disk, press F9, press the Cursor-left key and you will see the other disk images. When this doesn't work (for me it does!), you can press F10 instead of F9. This opens the main menu of CCS64 and doesn't return to your last choice.

I hope this will make it work for you.
Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:06 am
Posts: 3
I did change saving to continuously before I made my last post. So that's not the problem. Do I then need to load my saved game directly without loading the image in its normal fashion or something? Hmmm. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Also, I'll try F10 to try and get back to a full menu of games. F9 and left cursor aren't doin' it...

Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it. Hopefully, I'll get her figured out... :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:12 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Sauerland, Germany
Make snapshots !

works fine :wink:

_________________
Image
...A MULTIPLAY-CCS64-WEBSITE // CCS64MULTIPLAY SERVER!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:20 am
Posts: 1
K.C. wrote:
1. The latest version of CCS64 is V3 Beta 1.5. With this version you can create new disk images and save files to it. However, in CCS64 you can save files permanently to disk images, or keep changes on the disk as long as the emulator is running. To save data permanently, press Alt/O, navigate to "Saving" under "1541 Emulation" and press F1 until you see "Continously". Press Esc to return to emulation mode. This might solve your problems with writing data to disks. BTW of course you cannot make changes to a disk file that is set to Read Only! Uncheck Read Only at the proprties of the disk image file in Windows if it is selected.

2. I think you first have to make a new, blank disk and insert it in your virtual disk drive. Do this by pressing Shift/Alt/8, select "Create Empty .D64" and press Enter. Enter a name for the new disk image (don't forget to end with .d64!). Attach this disk with Alt/F8 to drive 8 and now you can use this disk for storing data to it.

3. You don't need a full version. As mentioned above version 3 supports writing to D64 files.

4. With Alt/8 you can browse through all disk images you have. Press <Cursor-Left> to leave an eventually attached disk and browse with the arrow-keys to the image you want.

There is a much better collection of games for the C64 available on http://www.gamebase64.com. The 16650 (!!!) games in this collection are very well organized in an easy to use front-end (screen shots, game info, good search engine, nice scripting language to automaticcaly configure any emulator) and it is free!!!
You can download the front-end, the database, screenshots, music files and single games from this site. When you want the complete package, including all games AND thousands of original games (not the cracked ones), you have to download it from e-mule. Do a search for Gamebase.v2 and you will find 3 CD's CD1: install files, CD 2: games and CD 3: Originals. These 3 CD's are the best C64 game collection you can ever get!


I have done all that. I created "owner.d64" I attached this file to drive 8 but MOM still wont find the "owner.d64" virtual disk and it unattaches it when i load the MOM.d64 game. Am i missing something??


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group