CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:27 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Save on hard drive
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:00 am 

How do I save on hard drive? Say i type in a program...how do I save it to my hard drive?
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Save on hard drive
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Use the menu system in CCS64 to Create New D64 file (disk image file), ensure that the new file created is Selected, then save your typed-in program to disk, using the normal SAVE"NAME",8,1 command from BASIC. You get in to the menu system by pressing the <F9> key, then investigate the 1541 Device 8 options from there. Have a play around, then respond back if you're still stuck...

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:24 am 

I went into State and into freeze files. I havent got into the create .d64 file yet. Since I dont have a floppy drive right now...I am working on my computer. I do miss my 64 alot. I am now typing in programs and games I wrote back in the 80's I found a few nights ago.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:35 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Creating a new blank disk has got nothing to do with States, nor do you need an actual floppy disk drive. Nowadays, it is all done with 'image files'. For a disk image file, these are D64 files, which are stored on your computer's hard drive - you go <F9>, 1541 Device 8..., use the arrow keys to navigate to the folder where you wish to store your D64 file, go within that folder, then high-light the "(Dir) ." option, then press <F1> to Create New D64 (options at bottom of display), then name it, and CCS64 will create a "blank" D64 file there, which acts as like a floppy disk. Remember, we are dealing with *emulation* here, not the real thing 'per se'. Ensure that you use the Select Disk option on the D64 file, in order to 'select' that D64 file as being the one inserted in to the emulated floppy drive - when you have done this, you can then use normal C64 BASIC commands to LOAD/SAVE etc. You might want to ensure that the separate 1541 Saving option is set to 'Continuously'.

Stuart Toomer.