CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:37 am 
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with the ccs64 emulator since I started using it about a few weeks ago. I'm mostly having problems with getting my usb pc game controller to communicate with the emulator.

The controller I have is a Phillips Recoil GGE909 controller.

Another strange thing is when I calibrate the controller in the emulator's controller calibration section when I try to calibrate the cross button on the left side of the controller, the curser on the screen that corresponds with the controller movement only moves left and up.

When I try to move the crossbutton right or down the curser on the screen is stationary.

Other than that everything else is fine with the emulator. Well that and I can't get the game Pitstop 2 to run.

It could be because it is a TAP file and the rest of the other games that I have that do run on the CCS64 are Disk Image files. Does anyone know where I can find the Pitstop2 game in Disk Image File format?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Plus I'll try to answer any questions you all might have.
Anyways, I thank you all for your time. Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:45 pm 
Site Co-Admin

The REMember (REM) version of Pitstop 2 is fine. They do quality versions. Check them out:
http://www.remember64.de/

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 pm 
Uh, I think all the links on the site are broken. Either that or they are temporarily not working. When I click on them, I get a error page that says the weblink is broken. :/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:58 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Oh, try the following link instead, for all of their games:
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/group/?id=248

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 am 
Thank you for the sending that second link. I was able to find and download both games,and as far as I know they play perfectly. Now if I can just find a way to get my controller to work. If I can't is there a way I can program either the mouse and or keyboard in place of my controller? Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 am 
Site Co-Admin

strader327 wrote:
Thank you for the sending that second link. I was able to find and download both games,and as far as I know they play perfectly. Now if I can just find a way to get my controller to work. If I can't is there a way I can program either the mouse and or keyboard in place of my controller? Thanks again!

Yes, you can use keyboard key-sets to emulate the C64 joy-stick, which is what I use (and many other users). Here are some instructions, which you might want to download and keep:
http://sjtoomer.zymichost.com/ccs64_sui.htm
Section 4 details how I configure my CCS64 using keyboard key-sets. You can, of course, use different keys for the different joy-stick actions, but the principle is still the same nevertheless.

My web-site also makes some suggestions about problematic joy-stick configuration, in the CCS64 KB:
http://sjtoomer.zymichost.com/ccs64_kb.htm
However, note that joy-sticks are a bit fiddly/sensitive, and some of them need special configuration in Windows to work with C64 emulators. In the standard CCS64 menu system, you can configure your joy-stick for its sensitivity/movement etc., so perhaps have a play around there, if you definately want to use your actual joy-stick, instead of key-board key-sets.

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:40 am 
Hello again, to give you a update, I'm able to run one game just fine, and another one almost fine.

The games I'm trying to run in the CCS64 emulator are Pole Position, Pole Position 2, Outrun, Outrun Turbo, Pitstop, Pitstop 2, and 4X4 Off Road Racing.

So far the only game I can run with little to no problems is Outrun. The other one I can almost run perfectly is Pole Position. The only problem I have with Pole Position is on my keyboard I can't find a key that will work as my race car's gearshift.

I can get the steering, acceleration, and brakes to work just fine, but I can't find a key for the Gearshift. I have keys researved for Joy fire 1, 2, and 3 but when I try to press those in hopes of getting the car's gear to shift I won't work.

On other games like Outrun Turbo, Pit Stop and 4X4 Off Road Racing, I can't get past the game's intro they won't even start.

They may have something to do with the fact that those game roms came with two sides to them. I don't know much about how to flip game roms over from side A to Side B. Let me know if you are familiar with any of these type of issues. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am 
Site Co-Admin

I know that in the Turbo OutRun Main Introduction, you need to press Fire on Joystick Port 2, so perhaps Joystick Port 2 configuration is the issue here...

Normally, a game will tell you when to trun the disk over, to Side 1 or 2 (depending upon which Side you currently have 'selected' in the emulated disk drive). You can use my instructions for turning over the disk (look at the FAQ section):
http://sjtoomer.zymichost.com/ccs64_sui.htm

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 am 
Ok, so far I can't get the "joy fire" buttons to work with my GGE909 controller. Here is what I encoutner.

First I open the CCS64 emulator (by the way I'm using the version 3.9 or V3.9) I then go to Options, then input, then Control Port 1: Joystick (my gge909 controller), and Key-Set3 (my keyboard), then I go into "joystick calibration".

And so far when I put my controller on the "analog" setting I can get the analog sticks to calibrate perfectly. But then for the buttons that I want to use on the controller's right side I run into problems.

Below the x and y axis there are button lists for button 1, button 2, button 3 and button 4. And to those four buttons you can assign other button numbers to them and the numers go from 1 to 32. and you assign them with the keyboard's left and right arrow keys.

But what is odd is I can't get my controllers buttons on the right side to communicate or calibarte with the button lists I just described.

I really don't know what purpose the button lists below the x and y axis calibration area even serve. Perhaps someone here may know.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:25 pm 
Something else I was going to mention and ask, the version of the CCS64 emulator that I'm running is V 3.9. And I have Windows 7 on my computer. Let me know if this is the latest version or not. That could be the problem right there, I may not have the most up to date version.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:33 pm 
Site Co-Admin

CCS64 V3.9 is the most up-to-date version at the moment.

Stuart Toomer.