CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Fails to load
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:33 pm 

Running Win2000 SP4 etc.

When running CCS.EXE initially it couldn’t find a few dll's (d3d9.dll and DDRAW.DLL), then after I found those (via google) and placed them in the working dir, it began giving me this error:
--------------------------------------------
The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
--------------------------------------------
I did find this dll (via google), and placed it in the working dir, but to no avail. I wouldnt dare replace my current Win2000 KERNEL32.dll with the one I found. So at this point I'm a little stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:45 am 

Just downloading DLL files from Google and sticking them in your system directory is -not- the way to add system components. It is, potentially, a way to totally screw up a computer, especially considering how many viruses are out there.

Here, try this:

Go to the Windows Update web site. (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/)

Find DirectX 9.

Download it.

Install it.

While you're at it, you can also download several other updates and bug-fixes for Windows. If this is your first visit to the Windows Update site, you'll probably be surprised how many there are!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:52 am 

To start, sorry its been so long since I checked this forum.

StevenRoy wrote:
Just downloading DLL files from Google and sticking them in your system directory is -not- the way to add system components. It is, potentially, a way to totally screw up a computer, especially considering how many viruses are out there.

Ya, I know, I wasnt putting them in my system folders (just in the running dir for ccs64), besides, downloading dll files is not exaclty how people tend to get viruses (nearly nobody seeks out stand alone dll's, therefore virus writers dont frequently distribute viruses in that manner).

StevenRoy wrote:
Here, try this:

Go to the Windows Update web site. (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/)

Find DirectX 9.

Download it.

Install it.

While you're at it, you can also download several other updates and bug-fixes for Windows. If this is your first visit to the Windows Update site, you'll probably be surprised how many there are!

Steven, I've been programming since the mid 80s (ya, started with the old C64). I've never bought a name brand pc, always built my own (using comercial components of course). I know about windows update. My machine is up to date, trust me.

I happened to make sure I had the latest DirectX before I installed the thing. As it turns out Beta 1.5 works fine. In the last month I did a fresh install of Win2K with all updates etc, and 1.4 still didnt work (I still have the files from when I downloaded it initialy). So whatever they changed they got it right.