CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:19 pm 

:D :x :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I got it!!!!!!!! I love (although I am a middle-aged happily married woman). I cannot tell you how happy you have made me. I having been really stressed at work, as you could probably tell from my last posting. I really needed an outlet thaqt was not a shoot em up kill em gory game but one that would just give me a few hours of simple mind and stress releasing gaming from my past. I cannot thank you enough for what you have given me!!!!!!!!! Thank you again!
If I was able you would see a cartoon figure doind a dance of delight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:21 pm 

It was supposed to say I love you :lol: I forgot to check my spelling and stuff before I submitted it. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:48 am 

No problem, I remember when I first played the emulated version of the C64. Good stuff. Stick around on the forum, we play some online C64 8) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:59 pm 

Hi there,

with my Competition Pro USB Joystick on Windows 2000 the whole thing nearly killed me until I switched to the following sets:

CP1: JOYSTICK - Adapter Port 2.
CP2: JOYSTICK - Adapter Port 1.

If anyone else with the C Pro has problems and it doesn't work.

Now I am going to play KENNEDY APPROACH for the next three stinkin' days :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:57 am 

good job Macrobee.

I think this thread should be sticky. What do you think Stuart?? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:21 pm 

Hi there,
I am new here and this will be my first post with a nice problem I really would appreciate any help working out.
I use the CCS64 emulator and do not have a joystick plugged in. I just can not get the keysets to work at all. I can like use the fire button to start the game from a menu, but after that, doesnt matter which config I use, can move a character or more importantly - play a game :( everything else works superb.
Any friendly hotshot who can help me out here?
Thanks alot in advance, just got back a little bit to the 64 and am thrilled to see this lovely piece of emu and this homepage!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:34 pm 

It works just as fine now as it should be, by using the beta 2.0 instead of 3.0 under Windows XP :)

Rgds,
Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:40 pm 

hmm another thread to resurrect....

Hi all....hope some of you are still around...=]

I cant seem to get the keyboard working either....but only the fire buttons.

What info do you need to pursue this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:22 am 
Site Co-Admin

Togglehead wrote:
hmm another thread to resurrect....

Hi all....hope some of you are still around...=]

I cant seem to get the keyboard working either....but only the fire buttons.

What info do you need to pursue this?

We need to know what Keyboard/OS/Region Settings you are using. Make sure that you do not have any conflicting settings. Some keyboards/regions require special coding/settings, in order to work.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:09 am 

Yeah thats what im gathering.

I have a generic Microsoft Basic Keyboard 1.0A

USA Region

XP Pro

Anything else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:14 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Togglehead wrote:
Yeah thats what im gathering.

I have a generic Microsoft Basic Keyboard 1.0A

USA Region

XP Pro

Anything else?

I think it may be a problem with the Microsoft keyboard, since a previous model of Microsoft keyboard required special scan-codes to be configured, in order to work properly.

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:38 pm 

Thanks for the reply....okies. I'll try another one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:57 am 

Hi there. I have looked everywhere, and I am beginning to get frustrated. Once I found this thread, I thought I had found my answer, but no suck luck.

I have the CCS64, of course, and I'm trying to play the game "Rags to Riches". Basically, I need to re-figure the controls in the input so the up arrow will make him go up (into a store), or bend down with the down arrow (to pick up a dollar bill). I have followed the advice everyone has given, and the left and right arrows work fine to make him turn either way. But for the life of me, the up and down arrows will not make him go up and down respectively. I don't know if it's my keyboard, or the emulator, or the game, or just me being stupid and over-looking something. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm 
Site Co-Admin

FantasySci5 wrote:
Hi there. I have looked everywhere, and I am beginning to get frustrated. Once I found this thread, I thought I had found my answer, but no suck luck.

I have the CCS64, of course, and I'm trying to play the game "Rags to Riches". Basically, I need to re-figure the controls in the input so the up arrow will make him go up (into a store), or bend down with the down arrow (to pick up a dollar bill). I have followed the advice everyone has given, and the left and right arrows work fine to make him turn either way. But for the life of me, the up and down arrows will not make him go up and down respectively. I don't know if it's my keyboard, or the emulator, or the game, or just me being stupid and over-looking something. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you've checked your Input... settings (and there is no conflict etc.), then see if there is a better copy of the game available from the Magyar C64 HQ:
http://c64.hardwired.hu/

Stuart Toomer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:37 am 

Thank you so much for the reply, and how fast it was. I have downloaded another version of the game; thank you for that link, it has so many games! Anyway, I'm eager to try it and hope it works, but may I ask one more little question?

When you say that the input settings shouldn't "conflict", what exactly do you mean? I heard that some games require the arrow keys or something, and I'm not sure if those keys are assigned elsewhere or something. I'm so confused. But I hope it's just the copy of the game, although I did get it at download-full-games.com, which I thought was a safe sight. I'm sorry for not getting this, and I thank you for all of your time.

EDIT: Okay, sorry. I tried the new version of the game, and still no luck. The weird thing is, the cop in the game got me and put me in jail. Once I exited out of it, he was standing in the same spot not moving, which he usually moves during the rest of the game. So I tried my up and down, and they worked perfectly. I did it many times, and as long as he was standing still, I could make him do that. But once I make him go left or right to resume the game, the up and down arrows will not work. Weird. I think it's something wrong with the original game or something, and I have no idea now. I'm sorry to take up your time, but if *anyone* can so much as give me a clue, I would be so greatful. I'm so close to playing my favorite game...lol Thank you.