CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:20 pm 

I've just downloaded one of my favourite games and if I remember correctly "shift+f3" was used to save a game. but it dosen't work that way. and I haven't found anything in the CCS64 V3.0 Beta 1.3 Manual about using the f1, f3, f5 and f7 commodore keys. please help!

THNX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:37 am 

You should be able to use the same function keys on your PC keyboard to accomplish the same function. The F1 key is F1, the F3 key is F3, the F5 key is F5, and the F7 key is F7. It should work!

Similarly, since the Commodore 64 considers Shift-F1 to be F2, Shift-F3 to be F4, and so on; you can also use the F2 key on your keyboard as Shift-F1, the F4 key as Shift-F3, and so on. CCS64 automatically converts it to the appropriate combination of the Shift key and the function key. (Just like it does with the Cursor-up and Cursor-left keys.)

Now, there's one thing that could cause a key to stop working, and that is if it's being used for joystick emulation. If you made the Shift key one of your fire buttons, you might need to reconsider.

It's also possible, although unlikely, that the game is programmed in such a way that one Shift might work but the other one won't! It wouldn't hurt to try them both.

Also, are you absolutely sure that Shift-F3 is the right key-combination to press? It could be something else, like Shift-F5, or C=F3... What game is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:46 pm 

It turned out that the Shift key was used for joystick emulation like you said. Well, that was a dumb mistake :D Thanks!
The game is Zak McCracken and the alien mindbenders. I think it's one of the best Commodore games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:58 am 

how use runstop key to run game ??

in game menu i must runstop key hit to start game, but where is my runstop key ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:23 am 

Press the Escape-key on your keyboard, that's the key that emulates the Commodore Run/Stop key.