CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:23 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:12 pm 

having trouble playing games which require u to input your name (e.g leaderboard golf, 10th Frame). I can type my name ok but nothing happens when i press enter or space (these are the keys i have set up as fire button keys). I am using CCS64 Emulator v2:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:44 am 

Chances are, if you set up Enter or Space or any other key for joystick emulation, the key no longer functions as a key on the emulated C64 keyboard.

If you're lucky, the game might accept Ctrl-M as a synonym for the Enter key. (Remember that the Tab key is the C64's Ctrl key.) Otherwise, you may have to redefine your joystick settings slightly to regain the use of your Enter key.

There are actually very few keys on your PC keyboard that aren't used by the C64 keyboard emulation. That's why I strongly suggest using one of the default fire buttons, that being the right Ctrl key. The other default key was the right Alt key, but the Alt keys cause problems in CCS64 3.0 because of the menubar. The right Shift key is probably expendable, though, so you can use that.