CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:00 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 am 

I don't know if this problem has been pointed out here yet but I just noticed that I cannot seem to be able to play music while using CCS64. The emulator seems to take up the whole "sound space" or sound card! I was just playing an audio CD with Windows Media Player and once I opened CCS64, I couldn't hear the music coming from the CD anymore (but I was able to hear the sounds coming from CCS64). CCS64 simply stopped the whole Windows Media Player which remained in the background but didn't play the CD anymore (and I really mean that Windows Media Player stopped altogether; the drive motor of my CD/DVD-ROM stopped and didn't rotate the disc anymore. Thus, it was not so that the CD would've played/rotated but I just couldn't have heard the CD music due to CCS64.) Once I closed CCS64, the sound came back. This sound-related problem seems to apply to other media players as well, I tried VLC Media Player and Winamp. Furthermore, this problem is not only related to CD audio but all the other audio as well: playing an MP3 while running CCS64 didn't seem to work. I was not able to hear the MP3 at all, but only sounds coming from CCS64. Naturally, I could hear the MP3 again once I closed CCS64.

This little nuisance doesn't matter me very much but others might find it very annoying, which is why you might want to look into this in more detail (along with my problem with CCS64 crashing while trying to save states). Of course this might not be any sort of problem/bug at all if CCS64 was simply meant to take up the entire sound space once it is opened. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:41 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Yes, CCS64 does require mutual-exclusivity to the sound sub-system via DirectX. That is the way CCS64 is currently implemented.

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:44 pm 

I had the same problem. I couldnt listen to MP3s whilst running CCS64. I solved it by going into the Sound menu and changing the Sound Device to "Windows MCI Wave 0".

Worked for me as I can now play music and play the emulator at the same time. Now I just need to figure out how to turn down the volume of CCS64.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 am 
Site Co-Admin

player1up wrote:
I had the same problem. I couldnt listen to MP3s whilst running CCS64. I solved it by going into the Sound menu and changing the Sound Device to "Windows MCI Wave 0".

Worked for me as I can now play music and play the emulator at the same time. Now I just need to figure out how to turn down the volume of CCS64.

I assume you mean the "Windows MCI WaveOut" sound device? You can use this, but it more prone to system activity fluctuations, so you might get occassional pops/crackles with it.

Stuart Toomer.