CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:35 am 

This is a very strange problem. I have an ASUS V9180 - GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP graphics card, and I have no problem whatsoever. I have tried with changing the screen resolution, 16 or 32 bits, on Windows XP pro as well as Windows 98 FE - no problems.

So as we all have DirectX 9 and the same graphics card, and some have problem and some don't, the problem must be because of something else - which I presently doesn't have a single clue about. :?

However, I have a feeling that it might be about timing problems. Maybe the windows are not fully initialized by Windows before I call the DirectX9 functions. I have put a short sleep for 1 second in the latest CCS.EXE http://www.ccs64.com/CCS.EXE. Maybe that will make some differences.

Regards,
Håkan Sundell

Post subject: I Got It!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:33 pm 

Hakan,

Since you, Stuart, and I have the same graphics card and same driver, I figured it must be some special setting.

In win98 I went to DISPLAY, clicked on SETTINGS, clicked on ADVANCED, and changed the hardware acceleration from NONE to FULL. I then rebooted my computer and immediately upon running the latest CCS64 you provided (in your message above) got the error: "DirectInput Init Failed_Acquire" and then "Direct Sound Create (): DSER_Allocated"
But the emulater came up anyway and everything but the sound works! This "DirectInput Init Failed_Acquire" error message only came up that ONE time and does not come up anymore, even upon reboots.

So I guess at least here:
on the Geforce4 MX440 AGP 2X 128MB at least on my end, the emulator will not run if hardware accelaration = none

Can you guys confirm this on your end also?

I somehow got v3 to work with sound, although I am not sure why it works now. I tried copying the config file from old CCS V2 to the NEW V3. but this config file did not work with V3 properly (it went to full screen mode and I couldn't get any keys to work) so I deleted the config file and now the sound works and I get NO errors... go figure...

Cheers,

Matt Larsen
Gamebase64 Team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:03 pm 

I have tested to turned off hardware acceleration (set to NONE) on my machine, and then all possible DirectX calls failed. So, I guess that was the problem - Hardware acceleration has to be turned on in order to get CCS64 to work in windowed mode!

By the way, if you use the latest CCS.EXE, you can also try the new features I recently added:

Alt+F5 : Select Next Disk into Drive 8
Alt+F6 : Select Previous Disk into Drive 8

This of course also works in Multi-play mode (that was the main reason why I added it...). With next/previous means the respective .D64 file in the current directory from the last inserted disk in drive 8.

Regards,
Håkan Sundell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:03 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Guys -

CCS64 V3.0 BETA works AOK for me (no error messages), when using all four combinations of 16-/32-bit colour depth and none/full hardware acceleration.

Graphics Card Specification:
Card - GeForce4 MX-440
Mode - AGP 2X
Memory - 64 Mb
BIOS - 4.17.00.45.00
Drivers - 45.23 [Official]

I am also using Windows ME.

I have heard lots of nasty rumours of DirectX 9 in-compatibility with GeForce FX graphics cards (good job I bought one of those older/slower graphics cards!!!)...

Stuart Toomer.