CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:27 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:03 pm 

I have just installed CCS64 (v3.7) and wish to do the following:

Use my standard USB Microsoft gamepad to control the action per a normal C64 game.
Have CCS64 retain configuration data from one session to the next.

I use the Gamebase frontend for my C64 emulation. I cannot seem to get the CCS64 to properly remember anything I set. Basically, I managed to (accidentally) get a game to run with my gamepad, only to quit, change to a different game, and find that CCS64 didn't remember what I just set up. Is there any way to say "save this configuration" so that I don't need to repeat my work?

That said, I have told CCS64 to point Port 2 toward one of the 15 (why so many?) PC Gameport slots. I assume that I must use Gameport 1 because there is only one controller attached to my system. But since XP doesn't give such numbered titles, how do I know it's correct?

I am happy to provide additional information if necessary. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 am 

The Gamebase frontend can change emulator settings when starting up a game.

For example, if Game X uses a joystick in port 1 and Game Y needs a joystick to be plugged in port 2, Gamebase can make the required settings in the emulator for you.
This is accomplished by Gamebases built-in GEMUS script language.

So , even when you save all emulator settings in C64.CFG, Gamebase can modify these (temporarily) each time you start a game.

To view the GEMUS script, click on the emulator name in the GEMUS menu.
When you don't want anything to be changed by Gamebase, the only line that is needed in the script is this one:
Code:
Run_Emulator()

You can disable execution of specific lines by placing a semicolon at the beginning of the line.

For more questions about using GEMUS, it's better to ask these at the Gamebase forums.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:52 pm 

Thanks so much for the response. I will have to look into the GEMUS settings. Since I'm not so great of a coder, I've found the Gamebase script stuff to be confusing.

I am concerned, however, that there's still a missing piece. Nearly all of the C64 software that I have wants the Joystick in Port 2. That's not the problem, it's letting CSS64 know that "Gamepad X" should be mapped to the joystick in port 2. Is this also addressed via the script?

Thanks in advance. I'm on the verge of some really sweet C64 nostalgia.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:02 pm 

Hope this helps:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1513#p3903

"When you initially set the joysticks and exit the emulator using ALT-F4 the settings for the controllers are not retained. However, if you exit via the menu system, selecting Quit...It saves the joystick settings.

Every subsequent exit thereafter can be done via ALT-F4, but the first time around you need to exit via the menu system or you lose your controller setting."

-Trebor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm 

Thank you so much for helping with this. I'm eager to get home and try it out!