CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:11 am 

Hello I just downloaded CCS64 V3.7 and downloaded some c64 games from the dos sight but I am unable to run them. I also downloaded a winzip trial because they said I needed it to download the games...but that didnt help either...also seached the forums and didnt find anything to help.

Not really sure where to start. I load the CCS64 the blue screen comes up I do the load"*",8,1 thing but then it just comes up as file not found error. I downloaded the 1st 2 bards tales and was siked to play them but not im just kind of frustrated and not sure what to do.

Can you guys help me out.

Thanks

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:07 am 
Site Co-Admin

You probably aren't Inserting the D64/G64 file in to 1541 Device 8. Press F9 for the menu and investigate from there. Please read (and keep a copy of) the following information:
http://sjtoomer.zymichost.com/ccs64_sui.htm

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:31 pm 

ok Im sorry.

Not very good with computers

I dont really understand the info in link.

Here's where im at . I downloaded the emulator and I downloaded some games. There both on my computer. How do I get the games I downloaded to play on the emulator. I guess I need to know how to transfer the game files to the emulator?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:37 pm 
Site Co-Admin

Make sure you un-Zip any ZIP files you downloaded to a new folder on your C drive somewhere. Then, when in CCS64, press F9 for the menu system, using the arrow keys to navigate through the structure. You need to go in to 1541 Device 8, then when you are high-lighted on the game you want, press the appropriate F-key, in order to Run(Fast) or Run(Normal) the game (the F-keys available are displayed at the bottom of the screen). You need to read/understand those instructions or perhaps get a more technical friend to help you. When you investigate the menu structure yourself, you will understand it... just have a play around - you can't damage anything after all!

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:07 pm 

There is something im doing wrong here. Do you have Skype/Teamviewer? Im willing to pay 50$ via paypal if you or anyone else can walk me through this.

Mark.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:40 pm 
Site Co-Admin

I don't have Skype or any similar communications utility. All I can suggest is keep playing-around in the <F9> menu structure, and you'll get the hang of it. That's how I learned! Just be patient... it's simple when you know how. Honest!

Stuart Toomer.