CCS64 Forum

A forum to discuss issues about CCS64!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:38 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:00 am 

1. Can you use multiple drives in any game? Currently trying to use this option in Wasteland but when it asks me for a disk and I choose that disk on any drive other than 8, doesn't work.

2. Is it possible to select windowed mode *without* going to DOS? If so can someone tell me exactly where and what to choose? I'm using v2.0 (can't use 3, issues with old sound card).

much thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 am 
Site Co-Admin

chuckles wrote:
1. Can you use multiple drives in any game? Currently trying to use this option in Wasteland but when it asks me for a disk and I choose that disk on any drive other than 8, doesn't work.

You can use multiple disk drives (8-11) in CCS64, but a demo/game normally loads from the same disk drive (normally 8).

chuckles wrote:
2. Is it possible to select windowed mode *without* going to DOS? If so can someone tell me exactly where and what to choose? I'm using v2.0 (can't use 3, issues with old sound card).

Why not create a shortcut to CCS.EXE on your Desktop and amend the command in the Target box to include any other command-line parameters?

Stuart Toomer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:38 pm 

Stuart Toomer wrote:
Why not create a shortcut to CCS.EXE on your Desktop and amend the command in the Target box to include any other command-line parameters?

Thanks Stuart for your reply, can you give me an example? I did that years ago for a DOS game but forgot how. TIA if you can.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:25 pm 
Site Co-Admin

chuckles wrote:
Stuart Toomer wrote:

Thanks Stuart for your reply, can you give me an example? I did that years ago for a DOS game but forgot how. TIA if you can.

When on the Desktop, click the right-hand mouse button, then select New... then Shortcut. Click the Browse... button and browse for the CCS program. Then, in the next window, change the Name of the short-cut to be whatever you want. When the short-cut appears on your Desktop, when you are hovering your mouse over it, click on the right-hand mouse button, then select Properties... from the pop-up menu. In there, change the Target box contents to have the additional command-line parameters on the end. Note that a long file-name is enclosed by " signs in MS-DOS.

Stuart Toomer.